• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Affiliate Radio System -- anyone here a member

gasser

I came across MARS (Military Affiliate Radio System), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Affiliate_Radio_System .

Is anyone here a member of MARS (any branch)? If so, how long have you been a member? How often do you participate on routine/non-routine events? What kind of radios are you operating?

I am getting more and more into shortware radio ... I finally got my M1009 all hooked up with the dash controls for my RT524. I still can't find anyone around to communicate with it though ....

-graham

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been toying with the idea of joining MARS. It's a stepping stone in the ham radio world, between recreational use of radio equipment, and government use. Downside is you have to commit to a certain amount of hours on the air supporting government radio traffic and/or emergency communications, and the hours are pretty set in stone, I've heard. The good news (and this is REALLY good) is you get surplus military radio equipment for FREE! And not beat-to-shoot PRC-25s either. You get GOOD modern radio gear, and it's YOURS to KEEP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks