• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military HMMWV need help with parts

gyrodeputy

My law enforcement agency has an older HMMWV that I am trying to equip as a search and rescue vehicle.

I need help with a good source for a civilian heavy duty off road rim that will fit current tires.

As many of you know the standard size HMMWV tire is hard to find, very expensive and an odd size.

I want to convert to something that is a common off the shelf size with new rims.

Websites, product sizes, specific rim and tire sizes would be awesome.

I look forward to your help and comments.

kfrosty

My law enforcement agency has an older HMMWV that I am trying to equip as a search and rescue vehicle.

I need help with a good source for a civilian heavy duty off road rim that will fit current tires.

As many of you know the standard size HMMWV tire is hard to find, very expensive and an odd size.

I want to convert to something that is a common off the shelf size with new rims.

Websites, product sizes, specific rim and tire sizes would be awesome.

I look forward to your help and comments.
They really aren't hard to find. (right now) Check with guy named Rodney in Wisconsin. I think it's Feltz Auto & tire in Marshield, WI.

He was selling the slant backs on ebay. I think 8 bolt wheel's $25 and 24 bolt $50 or something like that. Then tires 50 a piece or something like that. Think I paid $400 for 4 tires and rims 90% tread or better.

If not there, check with Berg Tires in Fayettville, NC. Jim Henry in Albermarle, NC. You'll come out ahead stocking up on surplus than trying to purchase 17" retail in these sizes. (If you find out different please let me know.) I wanted to go up to 38's to 40's but costs I found were ridiculous and will just stick with stock surplus for the time being.

If you have an inside place to store them, stock up if you can.

gyrodeputy

They really aren't hard to find. (right now) Check with guy named Rodney in Wisconsin. I think it's Feltz Auto & tire in Marshield, WI.

He was selling the slant backs on ebay. I think 8 bolt wheel's $25 and 24 bolt $50 or something like that. Then tires 50 a piece or something like that. Think I paid $400 for 4 tires and rims 90% tread or better.

If not there, check with Berg Tires in Fayettville, NC. Jim Henry in Albermarle, NC. You'll come out ahead stocking up on surplus than trying to purchase 17" retail in these sizes. (If you find out different please let me know.) I wanted to go up to 38's to 40's but costs I found were ridiculous and will just stick with stock surplus for the time being.

If you have an inside place to store them, stock up if you can.
Thanks,

We are thinking of going new rims and tires to save the drama.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks