Military Steering wheel puller

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

dustoff34

Looking for the standard steering wheel puller for m35-m809 style steering wheels. Had someone try and steel my m818 off of my farm and buggered up the steering wheel. So have to replace it. Back of steering wheel is all broken out and can't hook any claws to it. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance Scott Kitchen.

WILDBOY6X6

The type used for GM should work, like you would use on a CUCV or a similar style gear puller with a point on the bolt.

dustoff34

It doesn't have any holes in the hub of the steering wheel to bolt too. I am looking for the C clamp type that has the different brackets.

frank8003

jimk

edited-
I have a spare 20" wheel you can have if you don't have a spare. It is off my 71 M35A2. It has the square profile spokes and no horn bits. PM me if you want it. I also have a homemade puller. It is just a thick steel disk with slot, a pair of holes for 3/8 bolts. 2 bolts and a cross bar made of 1x1 sq tubing. Just shim for the shaft and tighten the bolts. It is heavy so it is probably easier to just fab one yourself. I would loan it out for a month or whatever.

Last edited: