• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trimble navigation trimpack unit

19CUCV85

is there a good place to find a mount for this I am half thinking of making one. Any info on this would be great to have it will be mounted in a M1009. The thread ref the hummer helped but is several years old.

Many thanks in advance -

BL

papakb

The Trimble mounts for the Trimpak were always in short supply. RAM Mounts probably makes the best aftermarket mount for them. I have plenty of bases and posts but don't have a plate to actually hold the GPS. Drop me an email and I'll send you some pictures of the Trimble mount with dimensions. papakb@yahoo.com

Kurt

kurt

Wile E. Coyote

Trimble Trimpack Transpack Transpac Transpak GPS receivers

Buckets of good information on the Trimpack/ SLGR/ AN/PSN-10 on Brooke's page there. I have the setup with the big green square antenna - the 17572-00 - which are around with or without the magnetic base. There's also a black version which is L1/L2 as used on UH-1 helicopters etc., and a white marine version as well. They all show up on Epay fairly regularly.

Brooke's page also has the pinout if you want to wire up your own power cable - but OEM ones regularly show up in Austin Aviation's Epay listings (seller: beltfed34.)

I also have a number of the later Trimble Centurions (AN/ASN-169) which all fit the same mount and use the same antenna (provided you don't need L2, that is.) Pretty fun units. I had mine mounted in my M1009 for years, and they look really cool up there on top of the dashboard radio bracket.

19CUCV85

check, check and check!! :beer: been to the site and bookmarked it. regular fiend at Austins ebay store :) and that is where I intended to mount it once i get everything lined up do you have any pics of the unit in your 09? and of the antenna's you mentioned

Thanks --

BL

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
check, check and check!! :beer: been to the site and bookmarked it. regular fiend at Austins ebay store :) and that is where I intended to mount it once i get everything lined up do you have any pics of the unit in your 09? and of the antenna's you mentioned

Thanks --

BL
Is this what you need ?
GPS bracket, and I have two different antennas.

Attachments

Wile E. Coyote

That's the bracket he needs, definitely. The two antennas you have there won't work, however. The round one is the old PLGR antenna, and 99% sure that squarish antenna is the RA-2 for the newer DAGRs. The antenna needed for the Trimpacks/ SLGRs/ Centurions is at least double the size of either of those:

http://www.prc68.com/I/Images/Trimb17572QVs.jpg

And here's the black L1/L2 version of the same basic antenna for the Centurion model so you can see the size compared to someone's fingers:

http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/0c/b1/4fb2_12.JPG

Wile E. Coyote

Also unfortunately I don't have any pics of my setup but there are some floating around the web which are *exactly* like the setup I had. If I find them again I'll link them.

19CUCV85

86Humv

yes that is what I need can you PM with what you are looking to get for the mount and the hockey puck antenna? Many Many thanks

BL

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I need the squarish one. PM me if you want to part with it. Last one I had looked as though it had been through an IED blast.
Its available...its for the Plgr / Dagr pn 013-1981-010
I tested some of those small antennas last year with the Trimble and they worked.
I'll break it out again and test it soon with about 5ea. different antennas.

HOWEY

That came out really nice Howey..

BL
Thanks friend, i was the guy you were bidding against for your slgr, i recognise the writing on the case of it, small world eh??
My mount will do in the short term, but i,ll still look out for the real deal, you were lucky to get one on the site, maybe if anyone else has one for sale they can hook up thier fellow ss Irish member?? PM me..

I have the instructions for the slgr, do you need a copy i,ll see if i can get you one?

Wil e coyote, do you happen to know the part number for what attaches to the dash plate to support the trimble mount itself, if not could you root out a pic so i could fab one myself? That would be great[thumbzup]

19CUCV85

no i'm good to go on the manual. I figured I was not the only one with my eye on that unit :D if I see another one I will pass it on to you..

Best Regards,

BL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks