• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Accident in Wis.

gunboy1656

The operator's cab of a military towing vehicle hangs over the edge of the I-90/39 bridge over Highway 26 in the eastbound lane after an accident with a tractor/trailer rig. The vehicle struck the bridge railing, sending a shower on concrete chunks to the roadway below.

Attachments

o1951

Military vehicle crashes through freeway barrier at Janesville

By Ashley Luthern of the Journal Sentinel
June 28, 2013 7:15 a.m.

No one was seriously injured Thursday when a military wrecker crashed through a concrete barrier of the Interstate 90/39 bridge in Janesville and structural damage was minimal, the Janesville Gazette reports.
The accident left the wrecker's front cab and occupants hanging over Highway 26/Milton Avenue. The wrecker, semitrailer, military Humvee and a car were involved in the crash, which occurred about 11 a.m. in the eastbound lanes. Bet that driver browned his shorts

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Anybody tell me WHERE the front axle is and what did it hit BEFORE the bridge, by looking at the cabe, something big

o1951

Here is what happened: Military vehicle crash ties up I-90/39 for hours

By the Associated Press
CREATED Jun. 27, 2013

JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) -- A crash involving military vehicles on an overpass sent two people to the hospital and tied up traffic for hours on Interstate90/39 near Janesville.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says the chain reaction accident happened as a car was merging onto I-90/39 about 11:15 a.m. Thursday and came to a stop at the top of a ramp.
A military Humvee hit its brakes.
An eight-wheel military tow truck swerved to avoid the Humvee and collided with a semi.
The tow truck then broke through a bridge wall and came to rest with its cab hanging over the edge, knocking debris down onto Highway 26 and damaging another vehicle in the process.
Two people in the military tow truck were taken to a Janesville hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Military vehicle crash ties up I-90/39 for hours

By the Associated Press
CREATED Jun. 27, 2013

Last edited:

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad everybody is ok. The article said that a vehicle was merging and came to a stop at the top of the ramp. I hate it when people do that...this is what can happen.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This should have made national news.......It would have been a lot more important that the Zimmerman trial or the arrest of aaron hernandez. I am so sick of these two cases yet we have men and women doing great and glorious things around the world and this is the best the media can do--a military vehicle accident. The media hasn't even reported we lost some more soldiers in a##crackastain but they're all over putting a minute by minute trial on TV that has zero impact on the future of this country.

K9Vic

This should have made national news.......It would have been a lot more important that the Zimmerman trial or the arrest of aaron hernandez. I am so sick of these two cases yet we have men and women doing great and glorious things around the world and this is the best the media can do--a military vehicle accident. The media hasn't even reported we lost some more soldiers in a##crackastain but they're all over putting a minute by minute trial on TV that has zero impact on the future of this country.
Agreed.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lord,
Please be with all of those impacted by this/these collision(s). Heal the wounds, both physical and emotional. And help all to simply "Carry on" as quickly as possible.
AMEN.

Here are the three pics I found relating to the wreck:

Accident_t700.jpgaccident1_062813_t700.jpgaccident2_062813_t700.jpg

Al Harvey

Anybody tell me WHERE the front axle is and what did it hit BEFORE the bridge, by looking at the cabe, something big
Looking at the picture it just lost the drivers front wheel. The passenger wheel is still there. Amazing how people think larger vehicles can stop just like their little prius can. Glad no one was hurt though I feel for the soldiers in traffic, been there too. Had a mustang run a stop sign and stop in the middle of an interestion and I almost nailed it with a M998 during a convoy.

Vintage iron

Happens all the time! Prius are drawn to my truck like moths to a flame. I think they are trying to annoy me, because they think my truck is bad for the environment, either that or they get sucked in ?!

86m1028

That wrecker should have tried using that stupid little car & driver as a wheel chock.

glad to hear people in wrecker weren't hurt too bad.

they should take the drivers license away from the little cars driver.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had something similar to that happen with my pickup truck. I swerved to miss the guy who merged in front of me and then braked hard to make a turn. I ended up grazing another car that was evidently attempting to catch/race the car that pulled in front of me. Insurance told me to hit the car in front of me next time, it would have been 100% their fault because they pulled in front of me and then hit their brakes. Because I swerved, it was 1/2 my fault, and half the car that braked in front of me. (My insurance still paid off the damage on the other car since the other guy took off.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks