• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military version or civy conversion

scoutmanadam

someone close by is selling a truck i am going to go look at in the next day or two. it is a deuce but with a body on it i have not seen before and was wondering if this was a military conversion or a civy one. its a 63 rio whittenburg gasser

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wow, a very compleate line truck, good find, 100% military

Last edited:

jatonka

That is a V17 AMTQ telephone line truck, it's sister is a V18A MTQ pole setting truck, they are both uncommon. I have 1 and 1/2 V18A MTQ trucks, wish I had the one you are looking at.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A lot more pics would be nice, really looks in great shape, put a multi in it

scoutmanadam

Sad, just got a call from the guy, it has no title, and needs a front axle. he said he would sell it for scrap price and those are his plans for it after thursday. he says he has already hauled six of these to the scrapper this month. rear winch works and everything else is good. if it had a titile i would save it in a second but now....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There's more than one way to skin a cat......there's just no way to make him like it.

Save the truck....worry about the title later.

They are rare.

In Alabama you can get a tag and registration (but no title) for any vehicle prior to 1976 with just a Bill of Sale.

Check you local laws.

If nothing else you can save it for someone in a less rigid state.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No title, no problem.

Front axles aren't rare, they are common.

SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT SAVE IT

scoutmanadam

ill talk to him again tomorrow, he said he got them from his neighbors farm when it went bankrupt and he got them from the department of the interior. he had titiles for all but this one and said he could write a bill of sale, i will check the law tommorow. he said he would also take a trade straight across for my deuce minus my winch which i would keep and add to that truck.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ill talk to him again tomorrow, he said he got them from his neighbors farm when it went bankrupt and he got them from the department of the interior. he had titiles for all but this one and said he could write a bill of sale, i will check the law tommorow. he said he would also take a trade straight across for my deuce minus my winch which i would keep and add to that truck.
I'd swap in a second.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no way you could go wrong paying scrap price for this truck.

When you say "front axle is bad" what do you mean? If it's the center chunk that is bad, they can be found anywhere for cheap. I've seen rear axles go for $200 that uses the same guts. If it's got a bad axle shaft it could just be a failed axle joint (this truck will more than likely have the claw type joint). So unless the front axle is literally broken in half you should be able to fix that fairly cheap.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the front end problum could be nothing more then not pulling because of a out of adjustment sprag

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks