Militaryoffroadtires.net

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Status
Not open for further replies.

itjobhunter

My experience has been a nightmare with this company, particularly John Chameli, the owner.

He sent me absolute crap after promising to personally check every tire (he was great on the phone and I fully believed he'd take good care of me, even if I wasn't a veteran). You can see video I shot of his garbage here:
Tire review.MOV - YouTube
Read the comments under the video for more details.

Look at the other videos, esp tire 5 - I just can't believe he would send me a tire that was MARKED "dry rot" like that! I had been giving him lots of positive attention until he flaked out, now I have to remove my endorsement on all the posts I have on other threads.

Buy from anyone else...but I'm glad your deals worked out!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question is: After watching the video, if they were so bad, why did you install them and have you tried to contact them before blasting them in an open forum?

itjobhunter

My question is: After watching the video, if they were so bad, why did you install them and have you tried to contact them before blasting them in an open forum?
Good question and yes, I've been in contact as best I can/they could, from the time of purchase. I had expected to be able to dismount the tires when replacements arrived, but since the whole deal went downhill, I don't guess it makes I difference if I dismount them or not. The damage is also more pronounced while mounted, but the pics I sent them after I received them were nearly as bad. I think the video of the tires is better than "blasting" them in an open forum. The tires tell their own story without bias.

The point of my post is to share my experience with this business though. Perhaps future buyers will ask better questions than I did or something, so they have a better experience.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I can tell you is: This is the first problem I have heard from them and I (personally) would have never mounted them if I had a problem with the tires. Last, larger military tires, especially Michelins, are NOTORIOUS for sidewall cracks. (just my 2 cents).[thumbzup]

islandguydon

My question is: Why didn't you just put them on a pallet and send them back. You mounted them and installed them. Then you made a movie to slander him all over the world via You Tube video and here on SS. You bear responsibility for accepting the shipment. You also knew you were buying used tires.

You are liable for your words and there are two sides to every story. Sounds like to much drama for me. Good Luck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not saying you didn't get bad tires but from thier webpage as far as the "warranty" is concerned, looks like you should have taken care of this in the first thirty days and not waited 6 months.

Warranty and Returns:
Please keep in mind that the product we sell is a used military surplus item. The military replaces tires based on a time schedule. So the possibility for weather checking on the tires is always there. Also note that the military off roads these tires as they were designed to be used. There also is the potential to have cosmetic blemishes due to this. Cosmetic blemishes include superficial cuts, abrasions on the sidewall, and slight lug deformation. Militaryoffroadtires hand picks tires and tries to fully inspect tires before shipping to provide the best product possible. If you are not happy with your purchase, please send the item back to us and we'll send a replacement. All returns must be processed within 30 days of purchase. If you see an issue, do not mount the tire. Call us immediately. Shipping fees are non-refundable since items are shipped via freight. Returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've remained silent on this awaiting a response from Bryan's email. But this is the email I sent him this morning.

Hello,

I will state the facts as I know it.

1. I sent you a quote for tires on Mon, 18 Jul 2011 with shipping.
2. The same day, we exchange 4 more emails discussing the tires.
3. 7/19/11 You send me a reply with a pic of your unimog truck. I reply back with a response about the MVT tires. You respond back asking more questions as well.
4. 7/20/11 I respond informing you I will have to measure the bead thickness from your email tomorrow.
5. 7/21/11 I respond back informing you of the bead thickness.
6. 7/25/11 I send an email to check if you got my last email.
7. 7/30/11 You respond that you've been out of town. Asking for more info on rims.
8. Same day I respond about my personal trucks rim specifications.
9. 7/31/11 You respond back with some pics of the wheels you have that have welded beads at the tire bead mounting area.
10. 8/1/11 I respond back and mentioned that I had a delay. (Which one day isn't that bad) I also CC'ed John on the email and said he could handle it from there.
11. 8/2/11 You respond back thanking me for my response.
12. 9/27/11 You emailed me asking about tires available to purchase.
13. Same day I respond informing you we have them. And to call John.
14. 10/28/11 I get an email stating you had purchased the tires. You had recieved them but was concerned with the condition. I immediately forwarded it to John.
15. 10/28/11 John emailed you directly asking for pics of the tires.
16. After this point my correspondence with you ends.
17. You correspond with John for a while. Then cease communication.
18. You come back a couple of months later posting videos on youtube. John reaches back out to you to try to get it worked out.
19. You inform us that you want a refund. However you want to keep the tires due to the freight costs. You state that you will run them until the wear out. Then buy another set.
20. You begin posting on several forums the videos and your complaints.

There's a few things I have concerns with about this.

Asking for a refund, yet keeping the merchandise and using it is a bit contradictive.

The terms of conditions are on our website. In our terms, it's stated that the surplus tires have the tendency to have weather checking and cosmetic blemishes. There's also a 30 day windows for returns. Also there's mention of "If you see and issue, do not mount the tire". Which you informed us of an issue first, but then mounted them anyway. It also points out that shipping fees are non-refundable.

Unfortunately there's a lot of issues with how this matter has transpired that make it difficult for us to resolve.

However, if you will send the tires back, we will replace them as we stated from the beginning.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now we have the other side of the story. I'd still buy from them! (Who else would give a return after 6 months of use)[thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This really looks like a private matter between a business and a customer. Why are you handling it on the SS forum?(and You Tube).

This is not what this forum or site is for. Please use email and or your phone to resolve a private matter.

And, next time(not this topic), start your own thread, so I can delete or close it without ruining someone Else's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks