• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mirror relocation for hard doors?

DeuceNewb

I just finally got around to putting a set of doors on my truck, and noticed that you can't really even see the mirrors when they're on. Is there a different mounting spot for hard doors vs soft, or just accept the fact that they're almost useless?

Action

I could see the old square mirrors and the west coast mirrors just fine with x-doors on. There are instructions on how to adjust them in the manuals.

ruSSrt

question for those who drive their hmmwv every day.

What mirrors do you guys prefer? or which one work better. The original ones that mounts to A pillar or the one that mounts to door hinge ?
mine came without mirrors and i will need to get some soon. Eventually i would like to put X doors on it, but it'll take some time. I want to make sure i'm getting one set that'll work for me.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
question for those who drive their hmmwv every day.

What mirrors do you guys prefer? or which one work better. The original ones that mounts to A pillar or the one that mounts to door hinge ?
mine came without mirrors and i will need to get some soon. Eventually i would like to put X doors on it, but it'll take some time. I want to make sure i'm getting one set that'll work for me.
There is none that mount to door hinge on a Hmmwv.
Windshield frame were they mouint.
Some later W/S frames had 3 rivnuts on left side for choice of location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks