• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missouri WMO proof?

Draftjim

Anybody have any thing to say about burning wmo in Missouri?
Do you have proof?
My local garage will sell all I want for $1 per gal.
But he wants proof .its legal to sell to me

mbehne

Proof it's legal to sell to you? I wonder if he's needing proof for insurance that someone else now is in possession of it. I also make enough WMO and we are required too keep records of who and where it goes once we dispose of it... No receipt for the clean as I burn it, but the really dirty goes to a licensed recycler, that way I have proof of where most of it goes.

Draftjim

Yes thank you for the reply he has to prove where it goes on books and he is not currently sorting wmo from tranny fluid he just has one big tank
I would also like to hear about legal to burn facts with proof and taxes on burning in missouri facts with proof.
I am trying to dot and cross and cyawp BEFORE I buy in.
I really am coming down with the BIG AND GREEN fever.
But feel I must have some logical reason to buy in and I am actually allergic to tinfoil hats.

Triple C

Where in Missouri are you located? If you are close to Jeff City, it would be easy to go the DOT and find out what is needed. By the way, welcome to the site.

Draftjim

Thank you Triple c.
I live far from Jeff city and it is begining to look like no one in Missouri has a clue so I may do some phone calls.
I was hopeing to gain info the quiet way because Im not to sure I want them looking to hard at this hobby.
Many years ago we had a wonderful person move here from the great state of California and make it quite high in local government.
SHE came up with a really special idea that ALL cows in the James river basin would wear diapers.
THIS LAW ALMOST PASSED.
Local farmers hired busses to go to vote and arrived at the last minuite or it would have.
So we have learned to keep them stupid and us very well informed.
Surely everybody has heard the old joke about who is going to change the diaper on the bull,well that originated right here

Triple C

I understand, I know there are some folk around here that are burning WMO, they just aren't documenting it. I also know the DOT has been doing some sampling so doing it right is a really good idea. As you say, we don't need to give the hobby a black eye. Personally, I don't put anything in my 250NHC except good #2, just isn't worth it to me. Then again, I am not a proficient mechanic so that certainly affects my reasoning, might feel differently if I had a multi-fuel. Good luck and thanks for taking the time to do it right.

dmetalmiki

WMO is readily given away over here. But AQTF is best I find when Cut to a decent ratio. Keeps things clean and has more bang for the buck cc for cc of anything else. (There is a noticable increse in power and smoothness. (I filter down to 1 micron)).

svd dragunov

WMO is readily given away over here. But AQTF is best I find when Cut to a decent ratio. Keeps things clean and has more bang for the buck cc for cc of anything else. (There is a noticable increse in power and smoothness. (I filter down to 1 micron)).
That makes more sense. I cant see paying for wmo. Most people beg me to take it away. However i can see paying fo watf.

Avn-Tech

Group,

i filter WMO down to .001 micron to use in my deuce? (Centrifical filter)
if you put out the word you are looking for WMO, you will probably have more then you can use for free.
for a while I had a problem keeping it (another member was driving his truck every day and took it as fast as I could filter it). Currently I have 100+ gallons filtered and ready to use, and another 250+ waiting to be filtered.
i have yet to pay for any of it.

in California, the preferred method for disposing of waste oil is to burn for fuel.
as was said, road tax would be the only reason to stop you from using it.

good luck
avn-Tech

TXFirefighter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paying $1 per gallon is WAY to HIGH!
Check with used oil companies and see what the market rate is. It fluctuates just like crude.
Best I was ever paid was $0.72 per gallon and that was if I had a min of 500 gal.

My BAD, I didn't pay attention to the date on the thread.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks