• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT power converter

Earth

I need to come up with a power converter for my MKT MBUs. I'll have the harness(thanks Mike) but I will still need to convert 110 to 24v. I don't see a need for the slave cable stuff as I plan to run a quite little honda gen set if no shore power is available. Ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

frodobaggins

How much amp draw do they need ?

Just get an appropriate sized transformer, and a rectifier. Add a fuse and some connectors and you're done :)

m109guy

275 watts maximum per MBU, with a total of 4 in the kitchen unit. What I need to do is make 120vac to 24vdc
Or even better, just buy an MKT power inverter and skip trying to jerry-rig something.

Did you try posting a wanted ad for a unit? They are rare, but not impossible to find ;)

Earth

I would love to buy one. I've checked around and can't find one, so I'm starting to think about other ways to get it done. But I did just post a wanted add in the classified.

Avn-Tech

Earth,

I have two MKT's for sale in CA, both have the converters, MBU units, cabnets, ect in them. I would not mind parting one or both out, but would need to sell enough parts to get a return on my investment.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

cbvet

If you can find a deal on two 120v to 12v converters, you can connect their output in series to get 24 volt. Just like connecting two batteries in series.

Just make sure the converters don't touch each other.

I use old RV converters in series to test my fuel-burning heaters. One is a 30 amp & the other is 40 amp, so hooked in series I get 24vdc with 30 amps.

V3 Power Converters

Using the "stock" power converter in the MKT is the way to go. Makes the trailer so much nicer and easier to use. I snagged a couple V3's and still have a few left. They are brand new in the box. PM me if interested. So nice to have the corrrect equipment for the trailer. Units were really nicely made by Teleflex.

John

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go to the expert in the MKT field. I call him MKT MIKE aka
SCSG-G4

He is the guru for this application and knows his chit.[thumbzup]

John, No need for the attitude, I was just bringing it to your attention, should you expect a PM from the OP.

Jonothan,
Not sure what this is all about, but you posted the comment? I was just looking at an old thread? If you would like to threaten me, next time maybe do it in a private manner, via PM. Does this kind of thing make you feel better?

John

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Calm down guys or I'll close the whole thing down!!!!

John, I don't think Jonathan meant what he said in any kind of negative way. The OP, if he is still subscribed to the thread will get a notification that the thread has been added to...I think he was just pointing out that you might get a PM from the OP letting you know that this thread was pretty old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks