MKT99/parts wanted

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on finding a fully equipped one or be ready to pay through the nose! You should only have green vinyl and tan vinyl as options on a -99 series, no green canvas, or nylon travel covers. Where the BII usually comes up short is in the utensils, pots, pans, grease guards and the food and water containers/dispensers. Do you have the complete list of the BII? Hard to tell if everything is there unless you have the books, or worked on one in service. If you don't have the books, and would like an electronic copy, send me a USB drive with at least 5.6 GB free and I'll fill it with everything I've come across on the MKT and 'somewhat related' information. One I just finished with yesterday has over 10 GB of files, it will be mailed on Tuesday, headed to California.

IwantmyMKT

Good luck on finding a fully equipped one or be ready to pay through the nose! You should only have green vinyl and tan vinyl as options on a -99 series, no green canvas, or nylon travel covers. Where the BII usually comes up short is in the utensils, pots, pans, grease guards and the food and water containers/dispensers. Do you have the complete list of the BII? Hard to tell if everything is there unless you have the books, or worked on one in service. If you don't have the books, and would like an electronic copy, send me a USB drive with at least 5.6 GB free and I'll fill it with everything I've come across on the MKT and 'somewhat related' information. One I just finished with yesterday has over 10 GB of files, it will be mailed on Tuesday, headed to California.
Thank you for the reply. I have 1 complete MKT and another trailer frame plus enough MBUs to supply 2 more. My secondary frame has the awning but no poles. I also lack the vinyl sides and nets. I have all the TOs and manuals , electrical cords and inverters. Just trying to complete my second one and find a 3rd.
Thanks for any help

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the reply. I have 1 complete MKT and another trailer frame plus enough MBUs to supply 2 more. My secondary frame has the awning but no poles. I also lack the vinyl sides and nets. I have all the TOs and manuals , electrical cords and inverters. Just trying to complete my second one and find a 3rd.
Thanks for any help
I made my second one into a Field Sanitary Trailer, complete with the three sinks, drain rack, drying racks, grease trap and 50 foot hose. Most we have cooked on that system was about three years ago at the GA Rally - 125 paid steak and stuffed baked potato meals, plus staff meals.
There are some glimpses of it in this video >

IwantmyMKT

I made my second one into a Field Sanitary Trailer, complete with the three sinks, drain rack, drying racks, grease trap and 50 foot hose. Most we have cooked on that system was about three years ago at the GA Rally - 125 paid steak and stuffed baked potato meals, plus staff meals.
There are some glimpses of it in this video >
That’s awesome. We do some specialized training for the DoD. We have a great time with the MKT. We actually cooked for 350 last Veterans Day.

Attachments

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a huge supply of cambro boxes with SS inserts, utensils, water cans and an extra blower for the foot vent if needed. Willing to travel your direction. let me know

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IwantmyMKT and flyfishtrailer, I too have 'spare parts', including five sink units, with bases, five or six 'silver bullets' (one missing a top and several missing top gaskets), a bunch of canvas (as in OD cotton) walls sections (no large ones) and screens, MKT tie-down straps for the aisle and side cabinets, roof jacks (most needing repair), and so forth but I'm a long way from either of you, and shipping can get expensive.

25thIDAirAssault

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS site and the MKT contingent. Our numbers have grown over the years, especially the last 5 years with the amount of MKT trailers and Mess equipment that has been released.

I currently have 5 MKT's, but have owned several more. I have 2 MKT-99's that are complete. One of them was never issued and still has the wood planks between the ladders in the center aisle. When I picked it up several years ago, I was one of the first to open it up, besides the GL employees that took pics for the auction site. Luckily, they did not unpack it, and left it as it was. Since then, I unpacked all the good stuff, which was all boxed up and wrapped in bubble wrap. Had to move all that stuff indoors, so that the varmints did not destroy all of it.

Anyway, I have accumulated enough stuff to fully outfit several MKT's with all the latest upgrades. Like Mike said, the distance between us is an issue, I am in Northern New Jersey. Most of the stuff I have is NOS, but I have lots of take out items that are hard to find. Have been using MKT's for almost 15 years now, and believe it or not most privately owned MKT's are INCOMPLETE.

I would for sure recommend that you send Mike a thumb drive, he has a great source of info that he loads them up with. I wanted all the equipment that originally came with the MKT, and that is what got me into collecting and searching for all the hard to get items. Like I said, early on it was a lot tougher to get these items than it is today. When I purchased my first MKT, which came from Germany and was attached to the Big Red One(1st Infantry Division), ironically that was one of the units I served as an M113 Track Commander/Infantry. I had to rig up two lawn mower batteries with 14 gauge wire for power to cook with it. Unit had no Power Converter, no Teleflex Wiring, ect.

I will dig up some pics and attach to thread later tonight.

SGT Lloyd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks