• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More huffer cart questions.

Jones

Hello all, again. Back from an extended vacation after I found a new home for the baby HEMTT.
Just picked up an ex-Navy gas turbine air compressor. This one's powered by a GTC85-72. I'm up against the same problems; Disconnected wires, no wiring diagram. Anybody got any suggestions? I've pretty much searched everything I could find and have only succeeded in finding a wiring diagram for the ECU. Shown in the pictures is a two wire connector back by the air valve, destination or purpose unknown.
There is also a single wire to voltage regulator pulled out of crimp-on terminal and left hanging, two wires in shielded loom that come from under the starter and have been cut off with wire cutters, purpose and destination unknown. A single wire long enough to reach the control panel in the vicinity of the tach... if it had a tach (missing). Looks like clean fuel in the fuel tank and clean oil in it's reservoir.
All in all, the cart seems very complete but before I start pushing buttons and flipping switches, I want to be REAL sure I know I'm not setting myself up for a feature spot on the evening news.
This isn't my first gas turbine but my previous ones weren't like this one and only taught me that they can bite you bad if you let your guard down.
Here are a few pictures if it helps... and I can provide more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks