• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More MEP 003a questions...

Polycop

I'm 'still' looking for a 003 and/or 003 on a trailer. That being said, anyone in Northern Indiana (South Bend area) got one that is willing to fire theirs up and give me a nickel tour on how they work (yes, I've been reading the TMs but I want to see them / hear them first hand)?

Do most guys hook them up to their house transfer switch via the split nuts or do they use the 50amp (I believe) plug?

My barn (one of my main intended uses) is wired for a generator (no utility power there) and the generator cord goes directly to a subpannel with no 'main' breaker. This setup (with a larger sized wire) will still work with the MEP as it has a breaker on the machine, right?

If it's set up to run 3 phase, do the 120 volt connivance plugs still work?

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes if its wired 3 phase the 120 outlet still works and yes it has a main breaker.Only option to hook up on my 2 mep003a is the split nuts.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Polycop, the 120 outlets work no matter the configuration of the generator. The only way to tap into the full power of the generator is via the split-bolt connectors on the generator. What several people have done though it to connect a short piece of cable to the split-bolts and mount and wire a receptacle somewhere on the trailer or generator. This is about as close to a civilian set-up as you're going to get (having a plug right on the generator you can attach to).

I know it's far away, but I'll be bringing my MEP-003a mounted on an ENG-3 lube trailer chassis to the Haspin Rally in June....you're more than welcome to come by and inspect it and see it running there. I hope someone steps up and lets you see one in action before that time though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks