• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting MG3 gun ring on a Deuce

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of legs but no gun ring. An MG3 gun ring looks like it would work with some simple manufactured plates to span from the legs to the ring. Anyone mount this style ring to their truck?

dmetalmiki

Sometimes there are projects you just have to go solo with. I could not afford a gun ring on my halftrack years ago, so made one up, rolled the ring, made the brackets and legs, all from pictures. Looked good, the carriage was a bit stiff in places, but what the heck. Have a go, you will surprise, (and please) yourself.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you installed a cab reinforcement yet? If not that might be something you want to do before mounting the ring. An awful lot of cab flex without one.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkcoen,
I've got the reinforcement plate already. I have heard the plate is optional with the M49 ring but mandatory when mounting an M66 ring.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey bigmike I picked up a MG3 Gun ring for my Unimog there is a very good chance I may still have the info on where I got it, it was in just about NOS condition and if I remember right I only paid about 250.00 for it. PM me if this info can do you any good, I am pretty confidant they still have more of the rings.
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks