• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving to AL with 5 ton and trailer questions.

TacticalDoc

Well...my work contract is signed and I'll be moving to AL with my M923 and M1101.
Currently they are registered in Florida. The truck has a one time antique tag and is made in 1984 (30 years old)
I will also have a home in FL as well and my military HOR will be in FL.

What do I need to do to register my a military truck in AL. Can I still get a one time antique tag?

guns1977

I run a Farm tag on mine, there are a lot of MV in the area doing farm duty, speader trucks, dump truck, converted to grain trucks.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How you register a vehicle depends on your intended use , the Alabama DMV website would be most likely the place to get a answer on how it needs to be registered.

Another Ahab

Well...my work contract is signed and I'll be moving to Alabama with my M923 and M1101.
Currently they are registered in Florida. The truck has a one time antique tag and is made in 1984 (30 years old)
I will also have a home in FL as well and my military HOR will be in FL.

What do I need to do to register my a military truck in AL. Can I still get a one time antique tag?

banjo_on_my_knee.jpg

glassk

I registered my M116A1, M116A3, and M1102 with a picture of the data plate, serial #, make and length, (under 10,000 lbs is what they asked) and GL invoice, get the forms and have a deputy verify the VIN on the truck or they will want to see it at the tag office,

Another Ahab

Tuscaloosa Co. Looking at a few 30 acer homes.
Had an Aunt and Uncle lived in Tuscaloosa back in the day (later moved to Baltimore; worked for Gulf States Paper)

- 'Gator would occasionally wander into their backyard.

That would be cool to move into a 'gator neighborhood. Hope you get lucky.

And hope you register your "motor pool" OK, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks