• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Light Set

Third From Texas

Crossposted from Camper Mods

So I saw an ad for MRAP light set $250. Full kit: all the lights, remote spots, wiring, controller. You know how if something is too good to be true....well, it was true.

I spoke to the guy over the phone for about 20 mins. It's an aviation company in CA. Saw where a number of people had made purchases from them for vehilce projects. They had me sign the "do not export" document and palletized my order all before they would accept payment a couple days later. Follow ups from the owner, the bookkeeper, and the office manager at each step of the transaction. Photo of it all bundled up at pickup and confirmation from the driver. Arrived intact today very well palletized and wrapped tight.

If anyone wants the link of the number to contact them, PM me.

*they have other goodies as well (HMMWV stuff, radio antennas, etc).

333357029_9312475398764414_2546856695030784931_n.jpg

333522516_8905181496190291_7184537543894583400_n.jpg

322930336_8823176997754566_8596931986271275026_n.jpg

coachgeo

if anyone is shipping "TOWARD" east cost that lives in the dark blue on the below map.. Let me know.. Maybe we can share ship cost of two pallets of material placed onto one pallet. After it arrives to you.... repack just one set onto the pallet then take it to Fastenal on ready to go pallet, to send rest of way to me. Might save us both some funds. (Im in OH)

Last edited:

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I know someone who got a few pallets of these & saw them. The bulk of them is the brackets for the MRAP. Definitely a cool set. I wouldn't mind one, but have so many other things to do, I don't need to stack another bunch of boxes up. The IR stuff would be great for driving with night vision.

Third From Texas

I know someone who got a few pallets of these & saw them. The bulk of them is the brackets for the MRAP. Definitely a cool set. I wouldn't mind one, but have so many other things to do, I don't need to stack another bunch of boxes up. The IR stuff would be great for driving with night vision.
Yep, the biggest box is about 100 lbs full of all sorts of mounting solutions.

And yeah, more boxes for the living room "storage".

LOL

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if anyone is shipping "TOWARD" east cost that lives in the dark blue on the below map.. Let me know.. Maybe we can share ship cost of two pallets of material placed onto one pallet. After it arrives to you.... repack just one set onto the pallet then take it to Fastenal on ready to go pallet, to send rest of way to me. Might save us both some funds. (Im in OH)

I like it but I live in Maryland. PM me and let me know the nuances about this.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are AWESOME!!!

CLICK FOR VIDEO:

PXL_20230415_030243969.jpg

They will go fast so PM Third From Texas if you are interested. The price is absolutely amazing and the quality of these kits is absurd. Last price I can find from 2016 is $13,867 to Uncle Sam......

The seller is totally legit and their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Last edited:

coachgeo

the seller has them advertised many places. He is in CA. Ships on a pallet. Yes it is good price. Wish I could afford it. Shipping to OH is killer. Again will consider sharing shipping if someone is shipping a pallet this way. He told me he can put up to 5 sets on one pallet. Also just sharing shipping half way across country may help. then can unload/ship rest of way with BlueLane (fastenal) shipping to places further east.

Third From Texas

These are AWESOME!!!

CLICK FOR VIDEO:

View attachment 895243

They will go fast so PM Third From Texas if you are interested. The price is absolutely amazing and the quality of these kits is absurd. Last price I can find from 2016 is $13,867 to Uncle Sam......

The seller is totally legit and their customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Yep, fun stuff.

Looking forward to making the cab rack now so I can mount them up.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m in NH and might be interested if we could work something out. It always seems that I’m on the wrong end of the country when it comes to shipping.
Yep, I know what you mean!
Looking for the site location now. I PMed @Third From Texas to see where there are getting them. I want to check the shipping cost. If it is viable I will purchase one.
Maybe we can get several members that are on the east coast that want one and we can get them shipped together.:unsure:😁 Fingers crossed 🤞.
Tom.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
For those looking at shipping, I used uShip. Shipping was $240 CA > TX via uShip (I took the cheapest which was Roadrunner's quote).

I typically get a quote from uShip and then check directly with the low bidder (sometimes it's even lower).
I would have added on with you if I knew and split the ride! Great price. All the IR stuff would be fun for my shinanigans.

Third From Texas

I would have added on with you if I knew and split the ride! Great price. All the IR stuff would be fun for my shinanigans.

Yeah, as much as everything checked out and looked to be 110% legit, I wasn't going to post about it until mime shipped. Too many questionable "too good to be true" things on the web. But yeah, could have saved on shipping had I pushed it out there sooner.

Still, for under $500 delivered it's one hellofa light set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks