• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP seat

davidkroberts

well i added a Mastercraft MRAP seat i bought off Epay and installed it. One of the other posters here was saying how they bolted to the stock seat frame. It didnt on my stock springer seat base I had to shorten the frame rails to 8 1/4" spacing between them and drill out the front mounting holes. The rears fit fine but the front would have to have been screwed in so i drilled them out for clearance. The seat adjustment bracket had to have some creative bending to accommedate the shorter distance between the rails.

Since the M818 has more clearance than the M35A2 front bumper to the radiator im going to add a 24v 18,000 lbs Warn Winch. Added is a pic of colelkhunters winch he added to his bobber.

Attachments

davidkroberts

the stock new seat adjustment is better than the stock seat. The front of the new one is a bit higher in the front than the stock seat so your legs sit closer to the wheel, but when you sit down and compress the spring it works great. the back sits a bit deeper so you have more room.

The new seat is much much more comfortable but its similar to a racing bucket and is more narrow.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
super good looking seats. i just ordered 2 sets of covers for my 818. i fit pretty good in the olds one thought. i bet long distance these seats are appreciated by the back

VP17IFT

Mastercraft MRAP seats

I just bought 2 of them off epay and got them installed in my M35A2 last weekend. I lost a couple of inches of leg room but gained lots of comfort. I was prepared to build a mount for them but tried the mounts that came with the seats and it simplified the operation greatly.

pmramsey

I bought several of those seats. I've not gotten around to installing them in the 818 but they are working great in the M1028. I mounted them on a swivel base in the CUCV. Post some photos of the Warn install on the 818. I have one as well. I've been debating to mount on the front or back. Let me explain, I've converted one of my 818s to a cargo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks