• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Wheel Torque Specs

MilSpec78

Hi guys,

I am having trouble locating torque and other specs for wheels I recently purchased from GL. I believe they are from the Husky model MRAP. I was hoping someone here can help.

I need to replace the air valve on one of the wheels and I need the following information before I begin:

What are the torque specs for the wheel rim nuts that hold the two rim halves together?

Are these nuts self locking and should they be replaced?

Is there a part number or a civilian substitute I can use to replace the air valve?

Should the O-ring be replaced and does it use a standard O-ring for a 20" rim?

It would be great if there is a TM publicly available for MRAPs that would provide this information. Otherwise, I was hoping someone could assist me with this information.

Thank you!

Attachments

MilSpec78

Ok, it looks like TMs are not available for the Husky.

I did, however, find torque specs for the rim nuts stamped right on the wheel. It is 220Nm which is 162 ft lbs. This put a smile on my face because I calculated 160 ft lbs last night when comparing the number of rim nuts on the HEMTT wheel, the weight of the HEMTT and the torque specs for that wheel against the Husky specs.

Even so, I think they may be torqued down tighter because my Ingersol 1/2" impact drive can't break them loose. Time to pull out the breaker bar or move up in size on the impact drive.

I will post more info as I move forward on the wheel in case someone else is looking for the same info.

MilSpec78

I broke this wheel down this weekend and thought I would close this thread with some answers in case anyone else has this type of wheel.

What are the torque specs for the wheel rim nuts that hold the two rim halves together? 162 Ftlbs

Are these nuts self locking and should they be replaced? They were not self locking. I reused them.

Is there a part number or a civilian substitute I can use to replace the air valve? I used a J-690 large bore valve stem with a large bore to standard bore adapter. It required me to open the rim hole from 1/2" to 13/16".

Should the O-ring be replaced and does it use a standard O-ring for a 20" rim?
I reused the O-ring and it sealed just fine. I guess the 2nd half of the question will need to be answered later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks