• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mt Clemens - Who's going?

Preacherboy

zak, 83 trucks...lot's 00-82. My dad and I should be going, just waiting on a call back from the GL rep.

Now my dad wants a truck, he really wants a van box (m109a3), and we saw some in the pictures...but nothing was lotted.

We are trying to get an appointment for Wednesday morning, and we have it narrowed down to 19 trucks...but should probably narrow it down a little bit more than that. Mike, you could ride with us if you wanted.

Last edited:

warlord381

These trucks have been on that lot for about 2 years. All have dead batts. The 109s in the pics are going to the Phillipines. Just m35a2s in the sale. I think 1 or 2 have winches the others are WO/W.

Preacherboy

I figured they would all have dead batt's, I only saw one lotted truck with a winch (in the pics). Well, if I drive my deuce down I'll need to borrow a slave cable to jump start some trucks. I have it narrowed down to about 20 trucks to really look over. Maybe I'll be able to borrow a cable from someone.

A friend of mine who works at Selfridge a lot claimed that he saw some trucks near the front gate, I wonder what trucks those are?

mattg2448

We worked there last year, around September i think.. and the salvage lot had about 10 or 20 trucks and that was it, this year we did some seeding and it was full. So i have no idea if they were storing them at a different location on base or what. What i really want is some of them oshkoshs they have there, those are pretty neat! But sense me and my father never done something like this for GL, could we just bring the two batteries out of our deuce and leave the connector on and jump them? or will that not produce enough energy? I'm trying to convince him to team up with someone that has experience with this stuff, but he claims that he knows enough that he doesn't need help. So, Hes going to buy a crappy truck.. haha rofl

Preacherboy

My dad said something about bringing 2 batteries along too, but that would take forever...just buy or borrow a slave cable and drive your truck down. I will probably bring my truck, except I'm a little nervous since I do not have the license plate yet. Still waiting on the title.

mattg2448

My dad said something about bringing 2 batteries along too, but that would take forever...just buy or borrow a slave cable and drive your truck down. I will probably bring my truck, except I'm a little nervous since I do not have the license plate yet. Still waiting on the title.
Hah, well, that's why we want to buy new trucks, we beat the F*** out of ours mudding in it, its not insured or plated, so, yea, and it doesn't start(Starter keeps on going bad), there are no brakes, we just call its the truck from he**. So that wouldn't be an option, for us at least. Would it work if you just bring those batteries and a set of jumpers and hook the jumpers up to the batteries and main cables of the truck? or would they die too fast?

zak

Question. At preview will they let you start the trucks? I have a cable but it is the old style and I don't have the adapters, and I can't make there until thursday. My truck is too far away to grab the batteries.

Preacherboy

Larry, I'm sure they will let you start the trucks...but I can probably only go there Wednesday! I am working on acquiring a cable right now. If it is the old style I'm guessing that is what most of these trucks will be.

13 MIKE

Josh, you can take my slave cable, it's the new style but i have an adaptor.
You can take my CUCV too, that will make it easier.

I don't think i can get away.

Preacherboy

Mike, you have a plate on your m1009 already? I'm still waiting on my SF97, but I just got a 1952 plate from my uncle today for the truck. He swapped me for a 1976 school bus plate! I got the better end of the deal.

I'll give you a call, and I was probably going to ask to borrow your cable anyway because I could get the end off e-bay and the adapters, but 50' of 2/0 welding cable was quoted to me at $181, I'd have nearly $300 invested in a stinking slave cable. Plus my dad will probably be wanting your adapter plates and maybe some wheels.

13 MIKE

It's plated, it just resides in the glove box. I'll get it mounted if you want to take it.

Preacherboy

Well, I might borrow it. I just found that my SF97 is apparently at the PO as I got a little card saying to go there and sign for something from GL, so I might have my truck plated by then. I wish I would have noticed it yesterday! Now I have to wait until Monday.

TheManiac

If I were to look through the lots listed and pick a few I'm interested in would anybody be willing to take a look at them and let me know the condition? I'm looking into getting my first deuce and it's just not feasible to try and get to one of the sites to do an inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks