• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule Clutch issue

Soko121

Hello All,
bought first Mule, had sat for 5 years with new crate engine before that. Pulled tank, lines, fuel pump, carb, plugs, etc. new carb, flushed and cleaned system, went through 3 new fuel pumps to get one that was not bad !!!, cleaned plugs, removed mag, disassembled and cleaned,removed pull start, added electrical system etc....finally , pre oiled ,it cranked and ran, set idle all good, went to put in gear and clutch would not disengage. With pedal all the way ( and adjusted ), would not go in gear , grinding as clutch not working. Pulled engine, cable, throw out bearing, and return springs seem fine, pulled pressure plate, cleaned surfaces of plate, and flywheel, also cleaned clutch disk, which looks quite good. Put all back together and......same issue with engine not running and mule in gear with clutch depressed, will not roll...what am I missing ??

RAT

Have you tried "over adjusting" the clutch?
If the disk is not stuck or in backwards then the only other thing is that the pressure plate is not moving far enough, or being pushed so far that it is binding on the disk.

Soko121

Well, don't I feel like the fool!!, absolutely correct, over adjusting the clutch worked!!, it just seemed that the throw out bearing was moving enough but it was not!, thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks