• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mulemac01 M275 2 1/2 ton Gas truck tractor ON-GOING restoration and rebuild tread.

Another Ahab

Yeah I'd say start with rocker covers off and see what your dealing with them go from there. If you're feeling ambitious you could pull more but start there and see what you can get moving freely that way... Just start : )
It's funny how imaging the future (and its uncertainty) is sometimes the scariest part of doing anything
(and getting a project started).

My dad was a Forward Observer of artillery in WWII. He saw plenty (in combat), over the course of the war.

But I recall he told me once that the most difficult time he had of that whole war was the night that his convoy anchored off of Le Havre, Before disembarking for action the first thing the next morning.

It was a few days after D-Day and the allies were still working on breaking out. He said all him and his buddies could do was watch and wait:

- the sky on the horizon was lit with constant shelling and the thunder of big guns

They had nothing to do but imagine what they were headed into.

He said that was the hardest part for him, of the whold damn war.

He said "zero-dark thirty: the next morning they were all so busy getting underway and all that all those mortal jitters just totally dissolved.

They had work to do. And they got it done.

And good luck getting started MuleMac01!!!

Happy Independence Day to all!!!

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked with my. Friends over at white owl surplus today. And they had a civilian equivalent part number back in the day of CA0280 found this website that might have it I want to know what you guys think??? Says it's a Ford push 12 inch push type

http://www.dwclutch.com/D&W/D&W Clutch & Brake 2/12 INCH PUSH TYPE LIGHT DUTY.htm

http://www.mid-americaclutch.com/clutches/12-inch-push-type-clutches/

Update: just Measured the pressure plate that came off that engine and its 12 inches across on on the plate. Going to measure bolt holes and talk to the guy tomorrow see if the one they have will work out... but I think we have a winner I will keep you updated. I also dropped off the flywheel to get re-machinedk
What pressure plate did you end up using? I have a replacement disc but cant source the pressure plate for my M35 gasser. Hopefully you are still getting notifications for the thread.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
What pressure plate did you end up using? I have a replacement disc but cant source the pressure plate for my M35 gasser. Hopefully you are still getting notifications for the thread.
It's what I said

Talked with my. Friends over at white owl surplus today. And they had a civilian equivalent part number back in the day of CA0280 found this website that might have it I want to know what you guys think??? Says it's a Ford push 12 inch push type

http://www.dwclutch.com/D&W/D&W Clutch & Brake 2/12 INCH PUSH TYPE LIGHT DUTY.htm

Update: just Measured the pressure plate that came off that engine and its 12 inches across on on the plate. Going to measure bolt holes and talk to the guy tomorrow see if the one they have will work out... but I think we have a winner I will keep you updated. I also dropped off the flywheel to get re-machinedk

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
It's what I said

CA-0280 From that website I used.. and it works fine.. till this day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks