• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multi fuel engine in m1008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUCVLOVER

I came up with the idea of putting a multi fuel diesel engine in my m1008 I don't know which one or really anything about these engines I just saw one in a old Kaiser jeep truck
If anyone has done this please chime in
Thanks

Jeepsinker

That is probably the easiest way to go about it, but I'm sure it isn't what the op meant.
Im sure it can be done. Someone on YouTube put an 8v92 Detroit diesel in an old K30.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about a Kaiser Jeep Deuce? THAT truck came with a multi-fuel engine.

CUCVLOVER

Are you talking about a Kaiser Jeep Deuce? THAT truck came with a multi-fuel engine.
It was the pickup. My dad seen it somewhere on the old interweb for sale and he said the add said it had a multi fuel engine. But it probably was the diesel engine some of them had and they just said it was a multi fuel you know just as well as I do some people just don't know the difference

CUCVLOVER

Did any company ever make a four cylinder multi fuel? It doesn't have to come out of a truck it can be a generator engine or something like that. It there is not any type of engine like that. If not I guess I'll just ask for couple of injection pumps for Christmas keep them under the seat (I've always got enough tools to rebuild the motor in the truck) and I just add a few fuel filters and maybe get injectors with bigger holes in the end and just filter and fix fuels if the time ever came I had to

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be a good idea to see what you are trying to achieve? What are your plans or thoughts? That would help a bunch. Anything like this can be done with a large budget,

Jeepsinker

You could maybe use one of the White four cylinder engines from one of the Mep 004 generators. I think they are only rated for around 60 horses though. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks