• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Display, Camping at Hot Rod, Motorcycle Show in Petaluma, CA 10/1/22

Major Asstyrd

We have been invited to display MVs and military displays at the annual Chilly Billy Fun Run & BBQ on Saturday Oct. 1, 2022 at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center. 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This is fun, fundraising event put on by the Rip City Riders, a local motorcycle club and benevolent association. This year's show benefits the Polly Klaas Foundation, a national organization dedicated to returning abducted children, that is based in Petaluma.

This is a hot rod-style car show, morning motorcycle ride where they come back to the fairgrounds in late morning (so we can hear them and see the owners), a motorcycle display, BBQ lunch, vendors, and live music entertainment at the fairgrounds Main Stage. It is a large event with free public admission. The Rip City Riders is a patriotic social touring group, Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycle oriented.

They will feature our historic military vehicles and are encouraging military living history group displays, tents, machine gun and mortar pits, uniforms, etc. Fairgrounds rules prohibit live firearms. Military vehicle clubs, living historians, reenactors, and military museums have been given the highest visibility location on dry grass right in the center of their event, by the race track grandstand building. Camping there is authorized for Friday and/or Saturday evening. Participants will receive a free lunch voucher. Petaluma offers many restaurants and bars especially in the historic downtown area plus within an easy walk. Residents obviously love historic MVs based on the welcome we get every Veteran's Day Parade.

There are rumors there might be a military tank there, and a restored Vietnam UH-1H Huey helicopter.

Regarding the show I will be our POC. If you can make it I'd love to know what you will bring so I can plan the space. There are a few electrical hookups for campers in our display area and in the trailer parking area. Best to have a copy of the map with you.

If I am not around and you need help, like to learn how to get your free lunch, call Leon at 415-457-7565

Let's support this event so it can become an annual gathering for historic military vehicle and history fans.

Chilly Billy 2022_POSTER_jpg.pngChilly Billy map 2022.jpg

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

I added another contact name to the original post in case I am not around and you need information, like how to get your free lunch. This is for folks who bring military-related displays of course. Leon is an old friend, I met him prior to the first Wings of Victory Air Show in Novato. He was the one who pitched the Army to do it at Hamilton Field. A fellow traveler. Old time MVers might remember those great air shows.

By now you should know if you will be attending and with what. Please let me know via an email or PM or call me at four one 5 ate IV 7 too ait ohh 1. Leave message if I don't pick up.

Unless you read otherwise here, enter Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds at their main entrance on Washington Street. This is a short distance west of 101, on the left. Pass the car show part of it and the military field is on that main road on the left side by the racetrack grandstand building. Top location. Set up where you want unless directed by someone. To unload a trailer or park a RV or travel trailer for overnighting, continue down that road until it ends and park, unload there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks