• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA Personal Network Request

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know anything about this request I got from the MVPA about their hiring some outside firm to make a directory using our personal information.
Bruce
Here is a snipit of the email:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Work has begun on your 2010 Military Vehicle Preservation Association Membership Directory, an invaluable tool in this world where building and maintaining a strong personal network has become essential. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Right now, a fellow member might wish to drop you an e-mail. The friend you've been thinking about, but never quite had the time to locate, could be within reach if your contact information were up to date in our records. So please take one minute to complete your one page profile now by clicking here. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] You can also access your profile by going to URL www.memberconnections.com/mvpa. Once the questionnaire page is displayed, use [/FONT]
---cliped-----

tamangel

I know they have done it in the past (as far as doing a directory). I never participated as I didn't own an MV.. Contact them with your concerns..

You don't have to be in it if you don't want to be..

Mike

ARYankee

I filled it out. I just didn't put my phone number in. I don't care if they have my home address or email.

emr

Being part of the hobby is important, It helps all of us, i do not even give my zip at a store when they ask, But the Hobby is more important, we have good guys running it and they are doing the best, it halps bring the hobby together i would guess ...

DanMartin

I filled it out with information I was comfortable sharing. Email is fine, but no phone. Address is fine with me too (they already have it anyway).

I enjoy networking with other MVPA folks and furthering the hobby in that way. I've met some great people through the MVPA and MVCCO, and wish to continue to do so.

Others may feel otherwise, and that's fine...don't participate.

I'm sure it's not sinister or a scam, and there is the option to opt-out if you like. Personally I want people to know who I am and what I'm interested in. I'm a big believer in the MVPA since the change in direction and leadership over the last year or so. I hope more of you out there feel the same.

littlebob

I got two post cards in the mail and finally called and proably gave too much info. At the time I was giving information to the MVPA, but in retrospect, when it ended in them asking if I wanted to
buy a directory in advance(collector edition of course), I was hoping this wasn't what the orgaization has come to. Any members get an official looking yellow postcard?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The directory is another one of those deals like the "support your local state trooper assn", it is a company that contacts non-profits like the MVPA and offers a service, in return for the revenue from the directory sale. The directory is a lot like the SS member list mentioned here, it is helpful to know who else has your model truck or can help with a recovery in an out of the way place.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The info is for the membership directory.
This membership directory is available at a price ( too much $$$ for me)
The MVPA and the company publishing the directory have asked for the info so that it can be shared with our fellow MVPA members primarily as a networking tool for us MV Freaks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i think its a good thing, i still use my 99-2000 directory, you would be suprised what you can learn from it

jasonjc

The MVPA does this every 5 years. I got the last one 2005. It has 300 color pages of members MV's, A list of members by name, by state/city,and by MV type. That takes up another 250+ pages. It hard bound and I belive only sold to the member that order it in advance, they only make that many. Here are some pic of mine to give you a better idea of what it is. Hope it hleps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks