• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My beloved BGT M35A2 moves on to a new home

Lust4GreenSteel

IMG_0768.jpgThursday was a bittersweet day in Northwest Missouri. My M35A2 moved on to a better place.

Preliminary discussions on this site should have indicated that I had no business purchasing a truck. However, I am a pretty smart dude and I had a plan. Of course, not all plans come to fruition.

I purchased what I thought was a nice truck and had it shipped in. Love at first sight. And every time I heard it whistle, I got a grin wider than my face.

It was a nice truck, but it didn't take long to realize that I really had no business owning it. I wasn't able to spend enough time with it. I found that I was indeed too old and the parts were too heavy. I wasn't able to lure any local wrench turners to help with the maintenance.

I owned the truck for about three years and drove it less than 200 miles - all off road at the farm. I enjoyed my time with the BGT, but it needed to go someplace else before a maintenance disaster struck.

Thursday, a nice fella with money, a big red pickup and a gooseneck trailer took the my BGT to the land of Dorothy and the big winds.

Thanks to everyone here for being so patient and friendly with me. I intend to hang around and participate in the conversations, but will no longer own a truck.

The picture is proof that I once owned a nice Deuce.

There may be further pictures and/or videos of the load out and departure if my friend with the camera ever gets around to sending them to me. Hint - it was an interesting process involving more than one Murphy.

Last edited:

AZDeuce

I needed to sell mine too, I miss her, and think about replacing her, but realize, I just don't have the strength, and/or will power to work on it anymore, after 2 bouts with cancer, which the Lord healed me from, but left me too anemic to care about working on big stuff. So I know what you're feeling. On one hand you're relieved she's gone, but on the other hand you miss having her around. At least that's how I feel. But deep down I know, for me anyways, it was the right thing to do. I've downsized to a civilian 87 Suburban, which I have "CUCV'D" and use for camping and hunting coyotes with my best friend, and I'm pretty content with that. I just wanted to tell you you're not alone, and I know what your going through. Semper Fi - Tom (AZ Deuce)

Lust4GreenSteel

It didn't want to leave. We had so much fun loading it that we did it three times (stay tuned for details). But, now I am sure that it is happier being with someone who actually knows how to take care of it. Meeting John was a pleasant bonus.

Lust4GreenSteel

Saying goodbye

A few more pictures

Old fat man saying goodbye to the BGT. 20170615_144656.jpg 20170615_144705.jpg

Goodbye BGT. You will never find a prettier place to play, but you will be better cared for in your new home.20170615_144810.jpg20170615_155105.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw pics of BGT at its new home, BGT is safe & sound now. I can assure you BGT is in a good place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks