• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M211 Battery Tray

SturmTyger380

Since the weather is keeping me from working on my fuel tank I started on my battery tray project.

The battery tray that mounts on the ledge in front of the cab was rusted through on the passenger side. The drivers side is not much better.

I decided to try and make my own tray using the original as the pattern. So I have done a prototype and had a few issues like getting it positioned in the press the right way and getting an even indention. I plan on getting a larger brake line with a flare and braising that in the low spot on the tray to allow the long rubber hose to attach to. I will work on the issues but here is what it looks like so far.

Alan

Picture 022.jpgPicture 019.jpgPicture 020.jpgPicture 018.jpg

plumkrazy

Alan--looks like a great effort for your 1st time. You get that primed & painted and you'll have a factory looking unit. You can tell everybody that Santa left it 'cause you was such a good boy this year. By the way, your first name is misspelled.;) AllEn (Merry Christmas)

SturmTyger380

I finally got around to finishing my first battery tray repro. I had a few issues on one corner and will put that on the back side next to the firewall. I know what I did wrong on this one and will correct on the next one.

I used a piece of brake line to create the drain and braised in place. Now I just have to find time to make one for the other side.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would take a dozen more photos of the process. How'd ya do that? Need to put you on "How it's Made".

You started with a flat chunk of steel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks