• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new book - Vietnam Gun Trucks

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys,
Many of you have been asking me (for 4-5 years!) to let it be known when my book on Vietnam Gun Trucks is available. Well, I am pleased to say that time is NOW, the Gun Truck books have arrived!

Primarily in color, several never previously published photos of Deuces, 5-tons, Dodges and M151 in Vietnam, and as several suggested, considerable background information on the development of the basic trucks. The book is 120 pages.

In addition to the Transportation gun trucks, also covered are the fearsome but often overlook gun trucks fielded with the Air Defense Artillery units (which were the original Vietnam gun trucks.

Best,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

PS: Still working on the 2 1/2-ton book, which is now over 1000 pages (for a frame of reference, my Dodge book that was released last July is 1100+ pages).

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Glad to hear your "getting back to your roots"!
Yes, it was painful writing books like my "Dodge" and "Big Mack" book that came out last year and my "Dragon Wagon Part 2" which covers the M123-series (and will be released later this year), when I've not been able to drive mine in years! But Monday will see some much needed wrench time (needed by me and the trucks!).

Best,
David
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great to see your post! How would one go about acquiring said book? Email addy below sig? The treasures of life are meant to be enjoyed!! THANKS for brightening my day!! =)

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
David, great to see you here. How can I get a copy of the Guntruck book, signed if possible? John T Aces & Eights deuce Guntruck.
Hi John,
Good to hear from you! If you click on the link below my signature line, it takes you to my website. There, you can click on the cover of the book you are interested in, and it takes you to a purchase page. Across the top of the site are headings for the various categories of books (although the Gun Truck book is on the main page). Unfortunately, the shopping cart function of the site is not yet working, (but the individual "buy it now" tabs are) - so if you buy more than one book you are automatically overcharged on shipping ($6.10 per book rather than $9.75 combined shipping). I am handling this by issuing same-day refunds for the amount of overcharge.

Or you can email me a wish list and I'll send a PayPal invoice.

To answer an email I got from another SS member - the M125 is covered in my "Big Mack" book, and the M123-series (and XM746) is in my soon-to-be published Dragon Wagon Part 2 book.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
David
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

frank scholer

David, I bought your Dodge books a few months ago (I have a WC52 and a M37) and thoroughly enjoyed them. I ordered your Gun Truck book two days ago and if it is half as good as the Dodge books it will be great. I look forward to reading it. During your research, did you come across a M35 truck by the name Celestial Death, assigned to the 4th ID? I am interested in any info/pictures you might have or if it is already in the book.
Best regards,
Frank Scholer
Military Vehicle Collector of Colorado

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks