• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1008 and a Gazillion questions

reeddavid

This is kind of a lame question, but what is the best way to put cup holders in a m1008 without bolting into the dash?

*** A little info ***

I am a 15 year old that will be getting my license in November. This is my first vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

gungearz

Cup holder that clips in the Window channel or a cup holder that sits flat on the floor or the bench seat... either can be bought at the parts store for a couple bucks..

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you now have a M1008, take time to read all the CUCV stickies, download the free TMs and familorize yourself with all the switches, gauges, lights, etc.

When do you get you license?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great truck. Not too fast but quite sturdy. I have a magnetic one I stick on the floor but the floor gets mighty hot and the drinks do too. I have the basic one Warthog mentioned but the contractor one looks inviting.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At 55 you might get 14-16 depending. Expect in the 10 range at increased speed. Extended periods at 65 may be a little stressful for the 6.2.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I am changing the title of this thread to "My New Truck and a Gazillion questions".

Keep all your question in one thread so everyone will know what is going on. Starting a new thread for each question gets old very quickly and people waste alot of time re-covering the same stuff.

I am not trying to rain on your parade or anything like that. Keep up your excitement of getting your license and a GREAT first vehicle. [thumbzup]

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving 65 with the stock gearing will make the engine not last long. Even with 36" tires it will have high rpms.

MarcusOReallyus

Nice! If the mechanicals are as sound as the body appears to be, and if that new paint isn't hiding a ton of bondo and rust, you scored!

:beer:

reeddavid

Minimal rust, i had my dad and grandpa with me who is a diesel mechanic who said it runs like a million bucks. looks clean under the hood. the guy wanted 5000, but i asked for 3 so we met at 3250. I think it was a great deal! It was a mail truck for 20 years in kuwait, so it wasn't raped by the military to bad!

Nice buy! I'm glad you got yourself a CUCV. I saw that one on CL too. $3250 is a really good deal...especially considering there's a faded and rusty 1008 with torn up interior in Illinois listed at $7500, and another unrestored one in Manitowoc for $5k.

Skinny

I'd say you got a deal. The best part is that the truck appears rust free and complete. Two things that most CUCV owners fight...rot and cannabilism.

MarcusOReallyus

Now I don't know what to do! This kid gets a primo truck for $3250, so I feel really bad, but then your info makes me feel better! I paid $4k for my running, but dented a bit, 1028. I guess I'm in the middle....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks