• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new technical truck

Blackmagic94

I just recently finished up. 1993 M998A1, 12k miles
It went from this

To this,

-added full LED lighting, head lights, turn signals, brake lights etc, digital light control push button switch
-new 4 door soft top with C pillar and supports
-Kevlar armored X doors
-deep fording intake snorkel
-A2 Air Drop rear bumper
-spare tire carrier with spare tire
-rear bumper mud flaps
-UHF/VHF military whip antenna assembly
-M6 Pedestal crew served weapon mount with Mk93 soft mount for M2 .50bmg/Mk19 40mm and ammo cans holder
-3 point seat belt conversion for rear seats
-A2 commander high back seats
-repainted
-all lubes serviced

Im pretty happy with this one and it drives super nice

Blackmagic94

Where did I mention I added a deep fording kit? I only mentioned the intake snorkel, I have the rest of the kit if I wanted to install it but I think the muffler looks goofy so there is no point installing the rest of the kit for 60" fording capability.

fnpurist

Where did I mention I added a deep fording kit? I only mentioned the intake snorkel, I have the rest of the kit if I wanted to install it but I think the muffler looks goofy so there is no point installing the rest of the kit for 60" fording capability.
I agree about the muffler looking a little goofy. You did a lot of great add ons

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do NOT see ANY pics., only links, guess it is not important enough to post pics, so I guess it is not enough for me to click on the links.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Technical"? Looks like a HMMWV to me. Your HMMWV outclasses any "technical" I've seen.

You're doing your former US military HMMWV a disservice by lumping it in with "technicals".

iu.jpgyearend1_trucks53__01__960.jpgChadian_soldiers_in_Toyota_pickup_truck.jpg

Lawdog734

you will regret the digital switch when it burns up your switch and wiring....
Agreed - ya might think you want it because it's the most current, but I was at the USASOC Motor Pool at Bragg the other day and even the late uparmored M1152 GMV trucks had the "old" 3-lever switch. That's pretty telling to me.

Dixiedog

Couple of guys have beat you up but I for one do not mind clicking links and it is a great looking truck. Now to just get a M2 for your mount.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks