• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My second MEP-016

combat32

Picked up another one, this time a Charlie model. It runs and makes power, I have had good luck with these so far this is my second one, easy to work on and parts are available. Downside is there are heavy, loud,fuel sensitive and thirsty.

It was missing a couple of small parts most of which I had on hand or ordered from Saturn. But I am missing a capacitor in the control box and can't seem to find one. Does anyone here know of a source or a replacement? Thanks

Attachments

rustystud

Picked up another one, this time a Charlie model. It runs and makes power, I have had good luck with these so far this is my second one, easy to work on and parts are available. Downside is there are heavy, loud,fuel sensitive and thirsty.

It was missing a couple of small parts most of which I had on hand or ordered from Saturn. But I am missing a capacitor in the control box and can't seem to find one. Does anyone here know of a source or a replacement? Thanks
Do you have a "Grainger" supply store near you ? They have a great selection of capacitors. I just look up the specs of the old one and then buy the closest one fitting that spec. I've done this on many of my generators. You could also try "McMaster-Carr" on the web.

Last edited:

Artisan

No help on CHARLIE model, I am shopping for an OE fuel injector pump
and OE fuel injector for a Yanmar L70AE-DE if you know where to buy...
(MEP-016D)

combat32

Do you have a "Granger" supply store near you ? They have a great selection of capacitors. I just look up the specs of the old one and then buy the closest one fitting that spec. I've done this on many of my generators. You could also try "McMaster-Carr" on the web.
Will check with Grainger, thanks for the tip.

joem1

Hope you don't mind if I go sliglhtly go off topic and ask if anyone has a cheap source for a 30 ohm 120 watt resistor for the purpose of testing my voltage regulator on a mep-016c? So far I've found that transistor Q1 and Diode CR6 are bad. While following along the diagnostic manuals there are a few things that I need to continue. One is the resistor I mentioned, another is a 750 ohm rheostat 2 watt rating. The manual mentions that the 750 ohm rheostat comes supplied with the voltage regulator?? Does this mean I can pull the Rheostat off of the dashboard and use it to bench test the voltage regulator? Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions, ideas anyone might share on this.

joem1

Thanks DieselAddict just finished ordering... I was getting confused over the 120 watt aspect and couldn't find any. Will it be ok for me to pull the Rheostat on the MEP-016c dashboard to use while bench testing the voltage regulator or is that another thing I need to order?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks