• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Swiss cheese floor...

MTVR

My MTVR was originally built with armor, which was removed before I bought it, leaving about 50-60 half-inch holes in the floor.

I'd like to seal them up, and we may want to put down some kind of sound damping and or sound absorbing floor covering, like rubber matting and/or carpeting on top.

As I sit here in the cab on this stunning Spring day, I am considering:

1. Remove the seats.
2. Use a hose, a plastic brush, and some dish detergent to scrub the entire floor and all of the holes clean.
3. After it dries, use some kind of RTV product to caulk all the holes.
4. Purchase a pickup bed mat (or something like that) and trim it to fit the floor, to dampen sound.
5. Purchase some automotive carpet, and trim it to fit the floor.
6. Reinstall the seats.

I am open to suggestions as to what kind of product to use to caulk the holes, as well as any ideas on rubber matting and carpet. I tested a small area with Gorilla Tape, and it does not adhere well to the paint.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will drop floor Temps by 15 degrees. Fiberglass and rubber

Find rubber grommet inserts for the holes would be best. Mcmaster carr or local

I spray any holes with spectricide prune spray before covering with silicone to prevent rust or any water intrusion

MTVR

The "rubber" plugs I ordered, turned out to be plastic and a shape that would not have worked.

Now I gotta find some actual rubber plugs in a 1/2" size...

Last edited:

MTVR

Ordered these:

I think we're going to use that nice thick horse stall mat that Wes listed above, to cut to shape and lay down on the floor.

And I think we're going to skip the carpet...

Last edited:

MTVR

The rubber plugs listed above worked perfectly. Found a couple more holes under the driver's seat and plugged them too.

MTVR

Cut the 4'x6' 3/4" thick horse stall mat to fit, and installed it today, including lining the box under the passenger seats with it. It seems quieter in the cab now...20200504_163339.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mom and pop upholstery shop. Or swap for a commercial air ride seat. I went with a wider seat unit for my truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks