• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My toys down~under...

oztankboy

Hi there recy mech!

Its a 1970 and have a 524 and a 106 fitted in the back. Photo is of a few of us did a LAD display. Mate has a workshop rover and trailer and I have one of the Landrover tow truck recovery trailer. I also have a 1960 ser 2 FFW but its a little way from being shown.

Here are a few more photos for you RM

Phil...

Attachments

oztankboy

TH its a 1952 FV1600 1 ton Humber FFR (British made) one of 150 used by the Australian army into the mid/late 1960's.

Been collecting green rust some 30 odd years. I am single which I think helps... :)

Got a variety with WW2 and post war Brit, Australian, Canadian and USA vehicles and equipment.

Phil...

oztankboy

I'm on the road atm but here are a couple of photos. Will do more once i get home.

1st is the truck next to an termite nest in central Australia
2nd~4th at an ANZAC day parrade. Thats the same as your Verterains day

They came from a British post WW2 development of a family of vehicles includeing the likes of the Austin Champ and the Ferret Scout car. All had one of the Rolis Royce "B" series family of engines and shares many componets through out all the verious vehicles.

Phil...

Attachments

Last edited:

paradeduty

Hey Phil -

Thanks for sharing such a great collection (and being single deffinitely did help!).

By the way - in the parade picture of the 1 ton Humber - that is a very cool application of a ladder/staircase on the rear tailgate. Very handy and safety conscious when carrying the Vets and other participants.

Glad to see that you are enjoying them!

Also - now THAT is a termite mound!

Dave.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil,

Thanks for posting the extra pictures of the truck. I like how the spare tire is stored in the cab. The longer I stare at the bed of that truck I can see many similarities to the M37 cargo bed.

Bert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks