• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck does not like summer.

dstang97

M929a1. Only does this in the summer Or when it’s hot out.

my truck runs great, starts up great, but will not idle for more than 1-2 minutes, it dies like there is an air leak. It dies every time I go to the landfill waiting to go onto the scales. When it dies I try to start it back up and sounds like an air leak. The only thing I can do is wait a few minutes and it will start right back up like nothing has happened. At first I thought it was the vent tube, but I took off the fuel caps and it still did it in the driveway. The only thing that hasn’t been changed is the fuel filter housing, so at this point I think there is something wrong in the injection pump. some people have told me there are adjustments for the idle. My truck idles at 750. If that means anything.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M929a1. Only does this in the summer Or when it’s hot out.

my truck runs great, starts up great, but will not idle for more than 1-2 minutes, it dies like there is an air leak. It dies every time I go to the landfill waiting to go onto the scales. When it dies I try to start it back up and sounds like an air leak. The only thing I can do is wait a few minutes and it will start right back up like nothing has happened. At first I thought it was the vent tube, but I took off the fuel caps and it still did it in the driveway. The only thing that hasn’t been changed is the fuel filter housing, so at this point I think there is something wrong in the injection pump. some people have told me there are adjustments for the idle. My truck idles at 750. If that means anything.
Did you screw the thumb knob in on the fuel solenoid? Do this and see if it continues to do it. And report back

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You were correct, it was a bad shut off solenoid.
Good deal. Interstate McBee makes a decent solenoid. Or cummins direct. Its a 3/16 allenhead. Do not tighten them too tight. There is an o ring under the solenoid when you put it back on. Doesn't take much to screw it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks