• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My WMO Centrifuge Build

mmeridith

Still working on the piping, need to finalize a few hoses and then get the 240V electrical wired.

2 - 275 Gal IBC Totes, 1 for raw WMO and one for filtered
1 - 55 Gal drum for gravity feed to "fuge"
1- Northern Tools Oil Transfer Pump
1 - US FilterMaxx 3000G Centrifuge
misc pipe, valves, tubing, 5mic screen filter, fuel/water seperator & lumber

I used a 2" cross on the top bung of the drum with a double tapped 3/4" bushing in the end. The inside tap has a 2' long 3/4 pipe that extends into the drum and the top port on the 2" cross will act as a vent allowing the tank to "breath" and also is piped back to the raw tank as an overflow.

2.jpg3.jpg6.jpg5.jpg

3dAngus

Now that's a serious operation. Be sure to order extra fuel filters for your deuce.

It looks really cool. I would love to see it in operation and the finished product.

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run 100% motor oil, filtered with my centrifuge. Change filters about once a year.

3dAngus

Stretch,

Really? ONce a year. I could have never guessed.

How many miles or tanks would that be? Just curious.

3dAngus

OK, I get it. I'm guessing my estimate for a dozen or so fuel filters is exaggerated. I'll remove the suggestion.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Granted, it depends on how long they are run, and how dirty the oil is, but a "fudge" filters better than filters, if that makes any sense.

Beyond Biodiesel

Nice WMO processing setup. The advantage that a centrifuge has over filtering WMO, is most of the particles in WMO are sub-micron colloid free carbon and ash. Filters will only get the >1-micron big chunks out. I use both filters and a centrifuge to process my waste oils into diesel fuel. I start with coarse screens, then blend, then settle, then fine screens, then filters, then centrifuge. It means I only need to pass my fuel through the fine screens, filters, and centrifuge once.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was doing 3-5000 a year, maybe 2000 now? Could probably go two years on a set of filters.

77REBELBOWTIE

I'm looking to get into the milsurp vehicles very soon, in fact I have my eyes on one at the moment:-D. Do you have to have a centrifuge or can you just run it through multiple filters? Can you give me any places to get good information? Contrary to popular belief, not everything on the internet is true.
My idea is to install a 250gallon tote onto a trailer for oil recovery. I will also purchase a milsurp fuel wagon on which I plan to install my filtering setup. Not being a prepper, but just in case things go south, it will already be portable. I will also run a length of aluminum or stainless tubing from the rear of the truck to the fuel tanks. It will have a filler cap on the rear and be plumbed into the tank. This will eleiminate having to have a long length of hose to reach from the wagon to the tank. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Beyond Biodiesel

There is a lot of information available on this section fo the forum, so read through some of the threads. I find WMO has a lot of sub-micron particles, so just filtering is not enough. So, a centrifuge can help remove most of the sub-micron particles. However, I have been running waste oil/gasoline blends on my 6.2L for almost 7 years. Even filtering WMO-gasoline blends down to 1-micron, then centrifuging it still does not clean up the blend enough for it to run on my 6.2L without coking its injectors. I do not know how it will run on my deuce, but I do not want to ruin its engine to find out. I have plenty of WVO, and it runs fine on my 6.2, so I see no reason why it will not run fine on my deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks