• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa part numbers dont cross reference

cheiser666

Ive tried multiple times, multiple locations to find parts for my 1008. Not 1 number from tm will cross reference at- national auto parts, advance auto parts, or auto zone. I cant even find the dog head relay.

Im not worried about the relay because i know i can get them from grainger. But it sucks not being able to find belts, batteries, etc.

dstang97

Why not use the search function. I can buy 98% of my cucv parts at napa / rock auto/ advanced

What parts do you need?

jeeplvr247

Just use their catalog to look up the part for the civilian version. Unless the part has something to do with the electrical system than in will be the same in the civy and military versions.

cheiser666

thanks dstang. i did actually have those cross reference belt numbers when i went to the store and they couldnt find any of them either, i guess my stores just suck.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive tried multiple times, multiple locations to find parts for my 1008. Not 1 number from tm will cross reference at- national auto parts, advance auto parts, or auto zone. I cant even find the dog head relay.

Im not worried about the relay because i know i can get them from grainger. But it sucks not being able to find belts, batteries, etc.
Have gotten all my parts for my CUCVs at the Napa in Lansdale, they are great people. Starters I get rebuilt at Yocum electric in Sellersville, the 4x4 people in West Point are also good and know a few things or two
about the drive train. Having the CUCV parts book makes more sense to those guys than the TM books do I will admit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Yeah some times those people are bottom of the barrel. I have been a fan of Rockauto.com
Yup rockauto is nice, I also use Performance Automotive, the manager has been there for over 25 years, he knows every part number for almost every vehicle without using the computer, heck most the time he never uses the computer, its really nice! I like being able to walk in tell him what is broken or needs replace and he has it on the counter in less than a minute or is on the phone getting it ordered!

cheiser666

anyone know where to buy alternators? i took the part numbers to pep boys, no luck. i checked the site on the wiki for the pass. alt. doesnt look like they have any.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the CUCV Wiki facts:

Charging System
Dual 100 amp alternators wired in series to make the 24V. Very strong charging system that will handle any load you can toss at it. Changing over to 12V is NOT recommended.

The Passenger side Alternator MUST HAVE a isolated Ground. The Driver side does not. A Autozone Part number for the DRIVER side alternator is DL7157 (also found in a 1975 cady with a V8 engine) This Alternator is 78 AMP and works just fine. You MUST have a Isolated Ground Alternator for the passenger side. Ebay, www.saturnsurplus.com, and many other places stock this alternator.

NAPA has a remanufactured Isolated Ground Alternator. WIL 90014277. Wilson Alternator rebuilds them. Cost ~$220. Just make sure you test the alternator before you install it. They have had some issues with the rebuilds of NOT being isolated grounds.

cheiser666

saturn surplus doesnt have any, i ordered 2 100amp ones off ebay. No one could cross the wil 90014277 number. ODiron is out of business aswell.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gerry,
Do you want to the sell the steering column from the red truck? mine is all cracked up and i cant get the hazard switch to work.
Sorry truck still runs and drives and don't have a spare at the moment but here's a scan of the parts & illustration of the steering column from the GM parts book. Not too hard to repair a steering column, follow the directions in the TM.
Someone needs to post these to the CUCV info link at the top of the page to help everyone, the column is a little different than the civilian one..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks