• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need A Manual Reference

cobra5

I just looked over all the maintenance manuals and can't find the procedures for replacing the rear main seal. Anyone know the manual number and page where the procedure is located?

Rmtaunton

Don't know the reference page but it pretty straight forward ... After tranny is out just bend the tabs flat on the lock ring and remove the 6 bolts on cover plate , then remove and tap in new seal with soft wood block ...... I always smear a thin layer layer of Rtv on the lip

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is referencing the outer metal edge of the seal. It is an old time habit. Helps to stop any leaks from the outer edge and also helps keep the seal in place.

TM 9-2815-210-34-2-2 Multifuel Maintenance Manual Part2

Chapter 3-38, page 3-157 has the removal instructions
Chapter 4-8, page 4-134 has instructions for the seal housing.
Chapter 5-7, page 5-24 show the seal installation

Last edited:

cobra5

He is referencing the outer metal edge of the seal. It is an old time habit. Helps to stop any leaks from the outer edge and also helps keep the seal in place.

TM 9-2320-210-34-2-2 Multifuel Maintenance Manual

Chapter 3-38, page 3-157 has the removal instructions
Chapter 4-8, page 4-134 has instructions for the seal housing.
Chapter 5-7, page 5-24 show the seal installation

Thanks! However its the one TM that's not in the manual section. At least I don't feel too stupid for not being able to find it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Opps. Fixed it. I am so used to listing the CUCV manuals I didn't even catch it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks