• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a rear trunnion shaft for a CCKW with banjo axles.

b17goinmyway

Hi, I am looking for a rear trunnion shaft for a 44 CCKW with the banjo axles. The Ordnance Supply Catalog for the CCKW list the trunnion shaft with this part number: GM-2143349. Thanks Dan

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an entire bogie from a '45. Is yours chewed up? It may be cheaper to have yours fixed in place. There are mobile services that fix heavy truck axle spindles.

b17goinmyway

Hi, thanks for the reply. What I would call the right side spindle at the end of the trunnion is completely broken off and unfortunately missing. I have part of the leaf spring assembly and the rear spring seat with most of the internal components missing as well. Looks like someone started to take this assembly apart and then stopped, and as usual loosing some of the parts as time went by. Probably will end up needing all of the right side leaf spring assembly, complete spring seat as well as the trunnion. Is that whole spring and torque rod setup known as the bogie system? Let me know what you have as I may be interested in your bogie setup. Not sure if a new spindle could be attached to this trunnion. Attached are some photos of the right side of my truck.

March 26 2017 003.jpg March 26 2017 002.jpg March 26 2017 004.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, they say you could put 15 tons in a banjo CCKW but I guess someone tried 16. Given the rust, missing parts, and difficulty in taking the assembly apart, I would recommend replacing the whole assembly. Sam Winer Motors likely has this and is in Ohio, saving a lot on shipping.

b17goinmyway

I called Sam Winer today and they advised I was about 10 years too late. Apparently they scrapped what remained of their CCKW parts trucks although they still have some CCKW parts available. I am going to try Vehicles of Victory tomorrow to see if they might have any used T/O parts. I agree with you that the best solution will be to try and get the whole assembly. I think you are correct about the amount of weight that may have been put on this truck but who knows what type of abuse this ole girl suffered since being surplused out. I was told that the truck came from a company in Kentucky that did strip mining. My truck was said to have been used as a "Powder Truck" (apparently hauled dynamite) and or hauled a fuel tank for refueling of other equiptment. Here is a photo of the truck just as it was dropped off at my shop.

March 25 2017 086.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you strike out nationwide, I have the trunnion assy loose and ready to ship. Freight will be around $400. PM me your email and I can send you pictures of the part.

b17goinmyway

Called the vehicles of victory the other day and left a message but have not heard back from them. Looks like I am striking out on finding the trunnion assy. at this point in time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks