• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Engine oil cooler lines

gasser

Folks,
I posted on Mil-Veh and checked with the normal vendors, so far no luck and would thought to post here for one last ditch effort .... I need the engine oil cooler lines for a CUCV (86 M1009). Anyone got an extra set? If so, and you want to part with them - PM me. Cash in hand.

Thanks all,

-graham

gasser

Just an update - I located the line from Brian@BRTruckParts ... hopefully that will be it for the hard-to-find parts .... heh, we'll see :wink:

-graham

gasser

While I haven't tried the dealer, I have been told by several people that the dealer doesn't carry them anymore. I also been told that the CIVVY ones are different .... was I told wrong on both items?

Thanks for the info ccatlett1984!

-graham

CCATLETT1984

I'll look for the part numbers, they are the same ones as the civvy trucks!!
They are a #@$@ to get into place, you'll want a second person.

Dealer here in michigan was able to get them from his warehouse, have the part counter do a national parts lookup.

CCATLETT1984

If you don't care about keeping the truck absolutely original, you might consider just getting an external oil cooler and using the regular barbed fittings. Then when you have to change the radiator, It'll be cheaper.

gasser

Well, this M1009 I am selling - so I may want to keep it original as possible. Now, my current M1009 I may do that in the future.
Will a trans oil cooler do the trick?

tacoma

I'll second that price of $55 ea. I got some for a Suburban, and replaced the ones on my old van as well. They both appeared identical to the ones on the diesel Air Force trucks I parted out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks