• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Glow Plug Removal Tool in Dallas/Fort Worth

K9Vic

I am working on a friends CUCV and it has four swelled GP and I need to borrow someones glow plug removal tool. I am going to buy one, but want to get this done by the weekend. I do not want to remove injectors after breaking the ends. I would rather use the tool if someone has one.

Thank you in advanced.
K9Vic

Wolf.Dose

The manuales I own of the CUCV series trucks mention no glow plug removal tool. So I think, there is no special tool existing. The most usual is as I noticed from practice, a craw bar and force. The tip might brake of. So you have to take the injection nozzle of that cylinder out and go fishing for the lost part. I heared of no better way the last 18 years.
Wolf

K9Vic

The manuales I own of the CUCV series trucks mention no glow plug removal tool. So I think, there is no special tool existing. The most usual is as I noticed from practice, a craw bar and force. The tip might brake of. So you have to take the injection nozzle of that cylinder out and go fishing for the lost part. I heared of no better way the last 18 years.
Wolf
Yes there is a tool and it has been discussed here many times, this is the tool.
GLOW PLUG TOOL

EDIT: Link to topic with video of tool
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61345-glow-plug-removal-tool.html

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are at least 2 different special GP removal tools. Neither was a military specific tool.

Dumpster Diver

A few years back I used the OTC brand removal tool. Worked out just fine on two of the glow plugs, third one broke off. Took a chance and ran the truck and it blew out the stuck piece.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks