• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help to identify a V100 part?

Elsaypas

Hi, today i registered to this forum because i need help, i have found an old part of what i beleive a V100 commando
(sorry if i am wrong, i know absolutly nothing about tanks and armored vehicule)

i am searching everywere to identify the part to know his origin, if you could awnser me or tell me where i can ask my questions i would be really happy,

There is some pictutres;
CAM00300.jpgCAM00302.jpgCAM00299.jpgCAM00301.jpg

The only readable tag on the parts assembly says

"Cadillac Gage Company

Traverse Mechanism
Part 10237-32974"

The part itself seem to be an electrical drive system with a hand crank to fine tune the gear movement.

I am really curious about the specs (operating voltage, amps, etc) and the original usage of the mechanism itself.

Thanks for you attention and help, Have a good day!

P.S. Sorry for the poor quality of my english, i speak french so grammar is not my strengh...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a turret traverse drive mechanism for a US armored vehicle, the crank is a backup if power fails, the motor most likely is 24 volt DC, 50-100 amps depending on load.

Elsaypas

Wow that was quick! thanks a lot!

I guess US and Canadian forces must have used the same parts as i live in Canada,

The guy where i found this told me he was planning to use it as a winch/chainblock motor... I asked him to let me check for the specs before he test it (or before he fry the motor testing it by "just guessing")

On my side, I am more curious about the history and origin of the part
Did i guessed his link to a V100 right?
Is it hard to find or its a common part, because i would feel cheap to see it used as a vulgar winch when it could help someone to rebuild a part of military history...

If someone could throw me some leads on how and where to find the age and origin of it i will really appreciate it

And Thanks a lot NDT!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is definitely not a V100 part. Everything in the V100 is manual (ie hand cranked).

As NDT said, it is from an armoured vehicle, probably a tank. Cadillac Gage make turret control systems for tanks, etc., amongst other neat stuff.

I did a quick search on the part #, didn't get anything back. The 10237 bit identifies Cad Gage as the manufacturer.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
V300/600 is entirely possible, there were several turret options for those, including some big ones!

Yes, definitely Cad-Gage. I wasn't clear above, the 10237 in the part number indicates Cadillac Gage, so even if their logo hadn't been on the tag, you could still identify it as theirs.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks