Need info on repair shops near auction sites to get vehicle road worthy

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

nanlin

Hello,

I have been interested in getting a trailer or a van truck for some time from GovPlanet etc. My problem is these vehicles are often not road worthy in every details. Maybe a bulb is out, maybe a tire is flat, may be a mirror is missing, and maybe it needs a new air line that was cut. I don't bid for vehicles that needs too much work, and if trucks then the engine has to be running.

I am wondering if there are vendors located near the auction sites that will pull the vehicle out of the auction site, bring it to their shop, fix up these minor stuff to make it road worthy, and then I can find a truck driver or a truck to tow the trailer back home. The auctions sites I have found interesting vehicles are Yermo CA, Chambersburg PA, Lakewood WA, New Boston TX, and Sparta WI.

Sorry for this lengthy writing, and appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Nanlin

simp5782

I'm the dude, man!
Red river surplus is near the base at new boston

There is a member in the vendors section I believe that offered his services for the sparta yard

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Hello,

I have been interested in getting a trailer or a van truck for some time from GovPlanet etc. My problem is these vehicles are often not road worthy in every details. Maybe a bulb is out, maybe a tire is flat, may be a mirror is missing, and maybe it needs a new air line that was cut. I don't bid for vehicles that needs too much work, and if trucks then the engine has to be running.

I am wondering if there are vendors located near the auction sites that will pull the vehicle out of the auction site, bring it to their shop, fix up these minor stuff to make it road worthy, and then I can find a truck driver or a truck to tow the trailer back home. The auctions sites I have found interesting vehicles are Yermo CA, Chambersburg PA, Lakewood WA, New Boston TX, and Sparta WI.

Sorry for this lengthy writing, and appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Nanlin
My company has the ability to recover rolling stock and have it transported to my shop in Northern Calif.
I bid, buy and ship from the auctions monthly.
shoot me a PM and we can talk, you aren’t far from me.

nanlin

Thank you all for the plentiful of good information. Especially to Retiredwarhorses as we spoke candidly and he gave me guidance on shipping and repairing vehicles. I now understand buying MV is easy, getting it shipped and maintained is a different story!