• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need m1078 hauled from GA to San diego CA

Duckworthe

Anyone make a normal haul from GA to San Diego Ca? Need a back Haul? I just picked up my truck and drove it to my friends place. I need to find out what it would cost to haul out on flatbed or even by rail. anyone ever do this length of haul? Also I heard of a sight called "You Ship" I was told it is a sight that truckers use to get back hauls. Not sure if it works out well or not. Any insight on these options are welcome.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
U Ship is an option, I've moved a couple trucks that way. Easy to set up an account and start the process. Wait for all the bids to come in, don't take the first one.

Duckworthe

It is in the shop now getting a new compressor installed. And then trying to get it registered in GA for the first go around at least as it will be way cheaper than here in CA. So i am not sure when it will be ready to hit the road.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You pay U Ship and they pay the transport company. Fee was about 4-5% of total cost. Insurance was reasonable also.
They get you coming and going.... there's a fee to you of 4-5% which seems very reasonable.

Until you find out they also stacked $200 - 300 on what the bid was. Example - trucker put in bid of $800. What I saw on my end was $1100 + $30 in fees.

It's still worth throwing it on uShip, because sometimes even with the fees it's the best deal going...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It is in the shop now getting a new compressor installed. And then trying to get it registered in GA for the first go around at least as it will be way cheaper than here in CA. So i am not sure when it will be ready to hit the road.
I will be making trips back and forth at the rate of about 1 per month except for the month of March.

I am transporting a SUV with trailer to ATL for a Soldier and was looking for an alternate way back.

Don't get me wrong, I don't fear flying, I just absolutely hate flying cause of all of the BS unless it is one of those private planes. Then it is step aside, I'm gotta plane to catch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks