• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Me A New Steering Wheel - M936

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 822714
I made some window shades to keep the sun out of my cab. It might look a little like towmater...;)
I like that! Pretty neat...

Something like that could be made out of the plastic stuff that political yard signs are printed on (CoroPlast - corrugated plastic). On that plastic would give the sun shields some insulation value as well.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that! Pretty neat...

Something like that could be made out of the plastic stuff that political yard signs are printed on (CoroPlast - corrugated plastic). On that plastic would give the sun shields some insulation value as well.
Yes, that would be nice and light too. I made mine with 1/4” plywood. I also covered the door windows. Sun light is very hard on our vehicles when they have to sit outside. I put UV block on the tires as well.
When we drove my M934 home from fort Reilly, we started out with a steering wheel. 1,000 miles later it was a wire hoop. All the plastic crumbled off. The truck sat in the sun for about 20 years.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow... That would be a strange feeling. Turn a corner and a little steering wheel plastic comes off in your hand. Take the next turn and lose a little more...

The idea of shielding the side windows would make the protection even better. Another neat idea! I was eyeballing the M373A2 Shop Trailer (picture below) that Floridianson has. Noticed that he has tire covers to keep the UV off them. That might be a worthwhile thing to have for a truck that sits 5 or 6 days and hopefully gets driven on the weekends...

Floridianson's M373a2.JPG

A trailer like my really ratty and in need of a paint job (M871) should eventually need some wheel covers too! If I did that now, those covers would be the best looking part of the vehicle! :)

Old and Tired M871.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I park my MV’s I put plywood down so the tires don’t sit on gravel or concrete. I’m a bit sensitive about the tires. I had to replace all ten on the 934 not because they were dry rotted but because they had flat spots that I just could not fix. Buying 10 radial tires at one time will set you back so I do all I can to prolong their life.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grant adapter 4405 Is a 7/8" 36 spline adapter that let's you swap to a standard 3 bolt steering wheel. This will allow you to get a smaller wheel if wanted.

Adapter is found at summit racing or jegs
Mine came in yesterday. Will I need a wheel puller to remove the steering wheel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks