Need MEP-002a Wiring Harness & Generator Stator or Complete 5 kW Generator Head

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Chainbreaker

Need MEP-002a/003a Wiring Harness & 002a Generator Stator or Complete Generator Head

The MEP-002a I recently purchased was vandalized where vandals cut out sections of the wiring harness for its copper content I suppose. Unfortunately, in addition to cutting out the main wiring harness they also cut out the leads that come out of the generator head.

Therefore, I am in need of the following items either NOS or in "good working condition":

1. Complete wiring harness : MEP-002a Wiring Harness, Generator Set NSN 5935-01-0050-9812 (72-5156) (338-0575) Or...MEP-003a WIRING HARNESS,GENERATOR SET 6115-01-100-4996
(72-5155) (338-0576)

20190827_163051060_iOS.heic.jpg

2. Either the 5 kW Stator, Generator NSN 6115-01-048-0458 (72-5250) (220-1545) with its integrated harness leads or a Complete 5 kW Generator Assembly NSN 6115-01-038-6728 (72-5200) (200-1148 )

20190827_162846664_iOS.heic.jpg

Please PM me with what you have or if you have a lead where I might obtain these parts.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Oh man, A few coke bottles would have brought more money then that little bit of wire. Don't limit yourself to just a wire harness for a 002A. A 003A harness works too. Just to shorten up a few things. I never did, simply coiled them up, wire tied them and went on my way. But its an option.

Chainbreaker

Yep, not really worth the effort for the small amount of copper they harvested. Probably someone on drugs needing a few more dollars for their next fix. Thanks for the tip on using a MEP-003a wiring harness as an alternative.

Chainbreaker

Still WTB a MEP-002a or 003a complete wiring harness as well as the above referenced MEP-002a generator stator or complete generator head.

Chainbreaker

Bump...Hoping someone here on SS has a MEP-002a parts donor machine where that they might be willing to part-out these two parts. Or, a complete non-running unit (bad engine) for sale on West Coast.

Delks would have to pull a wiring harness from a unit and they are still looking for a Stator or complete Gen Head. So the wait continues...

Guyfang

There is a guy, SILPOWER in the big swap site who has a parts gen set for 700 smackers in Socal. I sent him a mail one time, and he will not part out a set. Only sell the whole kit N' kabootle.

Chainbreaker

Checked out the units for sale by SILPOWER. Apparently these units are culls that don't merit repairing to "functioning status" so they seem a bit rough around the edges. Understandably, since these are non-running/non-tested units there is no guarantee that genhead/stator or wiring harness are fully functional. If these units were closer for a pickup run, I would go look and probably take a gamble. Since I can't, the shipping is a deal killer.

Haven't heard back from Delks on a stator/genhead. Last I talked they said they could take off a wiring harness but were still looking for a generator stator or complete gen head...

So, still looking for these parts if they surface anywhere.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
I have a couple of 002A's that are mainly generator head and engine, with a 'small' number of other parts remaining. The problem is shipping (and getting them out of the storage location they are in). I have no idea if the gen head is worth shipping or not, as both units had been cannibalized when I got them.

Chainbreaker

I have a couple of 002A's that are mainly generator head and engine, with a 'small' number of other parts remaining. The problem is shipping (and getting them out of the storage location they are in). I have no idea if the gen head is worth shipping or not, as both units had been cannibalized when I got them.
If you can take some photos of them & provide a year of mfg. if available, I might be interested. The Gen head itself mainly has to have a good stator along with its integrated wiring harness. Not sure how to check the stator, there's probably a procedure in a TM. The genhead on the 1991 I have was in good operating condition before wiring was vandalized. Therefore I have a good rotor to slip into stator if the one's you have had any rotor based issues...bad diodes, bearing, etc.