• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need points kit for a 4AO84 in a 10k Genset.

ida34

Saturn has them listed as out of stock. Memphis says they do not carry parts for gensets. Anyone know where to get new point sets? I plan to take them apart and see how bad they are but if I can get them cheap I would like to just replace them. Also, anyone know where to get an adaptor to check the timing? I don't think my inductive light will fit.

mangus580

The TM tells you how to time the engine.. its actually pretty easy.

As far as your inductive light... what i have done, is take a section of civvy spark plug wire (copper core), and made an extension for the stock military wire. It gives you something to clamp around.

acetomatoco

Or you use the nice adaptor in your M series ignition kit...several of which I have sold here on this fine forum..for $45 plus shipping... gives you a nice place to hook the timing light...and all the other electrical functions on M series engines...with generators and distributors etc....

firefighterccfd711

my 10 kw gas gen-set is made by the Hercules company and i am too looking for points condenser and the timing info i know how to use the inductive timing light on a standard spark plug wire temporarily to set it but i just need what it is supposed to be set to. a local guy tried to sell me a set of points for around 100.00 but i saw saturn has them for 18.00 or so. any info to assist would help. Thanks firefighterccfd711@hotmail.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks