• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to get a truck from fl to PA

lfranz166

Hey guys. I'm planning on buying a 5 ton bobber from a fellow ss member. But it's in Florida. And I'm in Pittsburgh. PA. Any help on shipping. Would be great. Or I guess I'll fly down and drive it back.

Sephirothq

You should be able to drive it if you bought it from a private seller. You are going to have to drive it at some point you minds as well start now.

From what you will have in transportation costs you could do it yourself and have an adventure.

paulfarber

With loaded fright over $3 a mile you would save more if you took off work, flew down, drove it back.

Say it takes 3 days, do you net $1k/day to pay for a shipper vs doing it yourself?

Heck I'll drive it back it for $500 + costs :)

tom2147

The M109 I bought at Fort Indiantown Gap is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. This trucker has hauled alot of MV's. He charged me $3.25 per mile one way. If you'd like his contact info PM me.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might consider driving it for you as far as Northern Va. I would need a tag and load my Harley in the bed. I will be going to Va. around the 8th of next month. I also have a place my friend would probely let the truck sit till you came down. It is in Dumphries Va. and is a trucking service. Has a gate and would be locked at night

paulfarber

$3.00 a mile? try over $4.00 for a dual load and over $6.00 for a single.
I don't want to go to far off topic but $6 a mile? Maybe if you were trying to get a dedicated dispatched truck... most brokers can get you a ride for $3-4.. but you lose the ability to pick a specific time... you can pick a day, but generally not an hour.

There are plenty of route trucks deadheading up and down the east coast... you just gotta get a broker who can list your load with one.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Crystal Riveris a little far south for me to go grab it. I have to go to Morgantown, WV in the near future. If it could be gotten somewhere near ATL, I could conceivably bring it up. We'd have to do some additional planning to be sure.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks