• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neede help moving a Deuce in IL

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a suggestion or recommendation for a trucker that would move a duece about 90 miles in northern IL. It would have to be moved on a trailer due to badly checked tires, a hole in one of the air tanks, and an unknown maintenance history. It does run and drive so it does not need to be winched. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. John

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bypass (or fix) the bad air tank, put the best two tires on the front, get some insurance and go for it! Just stay off the freeway... [thumbzup]
BAD ADVICE , if the air tank is in that condition whats makes you think the rest of the brakes are any better ?

Swap some tires around and towbar it maybe . Is there any contractors with a lowboy near you , it's the construction slow season you may be able to get one to move it for you .

nk14zp

BAD ADVICE , if the air tank is in that condition whats makes you think the rest of the brakes are any better ?

Swap some tires around and towbar it maybe . Is there any contractors with a lowboy near you , it's the construction slow season you may be able to get one to move it for you .
:ditto:

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the advice, I can say that I have been reading the posts on SS and have taken to heart the bad experiences of others. This is why I am going to have it trailered. I did drive the truck around the neighborhood and the brakes were ok, this is before the air leak was noticed. The person I am buying the truck from said he was driving it around and I did a more serious inspection of the truck after a short drive. Thanks for the advice about the construction trucks, I will look into this. Thanks, John

eagle4g63

I see you aren't too far from me....I can check and see if my buddy still has his tow bar to flat tow with my deuce. How many tires would you have to have minimum....I have 2 like new ones on my trailer I could put under there to help move it.

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all the suggestions I received, I was able to find a construction hauler to move the duece for me at about a third of the price of the local towing outfits. Thanks, John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks