• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needed for ham radio field day, June 23-25 in Virginia

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bunch of friend of mine and I are getting together for the annual ARRL sponsored ham radio field day, and this year we are doing the military theme. Every radio we have that's green or grey or black crinkle paint is coming out of storage and we will be operating them on the air that weekend. Location is Front Royal, Virginia.

Problem is, we need a couple things, was hoping to borrow them from a helpful soul nearby. Need a genset (two 1.5KW or one 3kw will work just fine), and BADLY needed is a GP Small tent. We have a medium offered to us but it is FAR too big for our turnout, and a b***h to set up.

Does anyone out there in the DC metro or No. VA area have anything we could borrow? Veterans on this end, honorable and not trying to steal anything. Will pay for gas to deliver, or will pick up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad, I'm too far away to help but I'd like to offer an opinion. I've set up and struck both GP Mediums and Smalls and in my humble opinion, the small is much more difficult to deal with albeit lighter. The Navy has a reduced pin method of setting upthe medium thats pretty easy. I've even taken that one step further to make better ingress/egress from the long side. If interested I can lay in out for you in a PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks