• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 6.2 power plant

4bogginchevys

Ford just introduced a 6.2 engine for thier 1 ton, a diesel I think. I know it's nothing like our 6.2's but I laughed anyway. Been a while since I posted so a good excuse.:beer:

K9Vic

The new 2011 is getting a 6.7L replacing the current 6.4L diesel, not a 6.2L; that is a current gas engine. Additionally the Super Duty starts at 3/4 Ton, not 1 ton.

Ford has not had a good diesel since the dumped the 7.3L Navistar motor in 2003 1/2 model year with the POS 6.0L.

burbn10

That new 6.7 is crazy looking. Intakes off the outside of the heads and exhausts down the middle of the lifter valley.... Crazy power numbers though.

Tanner

GM was working on a 4.5 liter '4500 Duramax' with the exhaust & turbo in the center of the valley & intakes in top portion of heads... made for a smaller engine package that would fit where the current 'small-block' Chevrolet gasser engine would fit. Power ratings were minimum of 310HP / 520 lb-ft. TQ.

Configuration:72 degree V-8 Diesel
Dispalcement:
4.5 liters, 275 cubic inches
Block Material:
Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI)
Compression Ratio:
16.0:1
Bore:
N/A
Stroke:
N/A
Injection System:
- 29,000 psi Common rail injection system - Piezo injections
Turbocharger:
Single variable geometry turbocharger
Valvetrain: -
Dual overhead camshaft - 32 valve, 4 vavles per cylinder - Aluminum heads
Emissions Controls:
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Catalytic converter
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF)
- Urea injection

Project has been put 'on indefinite hold' by GM - for now. This was a GM-design engine; no Isuzu input.

'Tanner'

adrianspeeder

Ford has not had a good diesel since the dumped the 7.3L Navistar motor in 2003 1/2 model year with the POS 6.0L.
While I'll love my 7.3L forever, the 6.4L is one hotrod of a motor ten times better than the 6.uhoh. Which also got an unfair wrap in my opinion. I did think about trading my 6.4L truck for a new 6.7L, but they are all now automatic, and nothin' is better than a bolt action diesel.

Adrianspeeder

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks