• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New addition to the mutt pound...1962 (?) M151

mutt_kahuna

Well the wife welcomed a new to us 1962 M151.Im TDY in Colorado so the wife helped a friend unload the M151...always wanted an early one so here's the project...the positives:titled,uncut,engine possible rebuilt,5 mag wheels....believe it or not I've seen worse M151's..from the wifes cell phone pics I could see some of the parts needed for an early M151: early air filter canister top (flat),early top bows M151 front bumper (not A1),seats with adjustment knob...ALSO looking for replacement battery box floor....ED

Gunner1953

Sounds like you know your vehicles. I am restoring my first M151 1962 and after 2 years got her running. Rebuilt carc, new coil, dist cap, plugs, elect fuel pump. Idles fine, backfires at high rev and does not like rpm change when shifting, starts to die and have to down shift. Timing is also correct. Any words of wisdom?

mutt_kahuna

Hi Gunner....New coil?...was it a chrome/shiny new ones?..those china made ones seem to fail when they start getting warm..best post this on the M151 specific site g838.com....there's a LOT of M151 info there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks